I have an older '70s Aria 19xx series SG copy. The neck is a bolt-on and after fully restoring it, I now can't find a neck plate small enough to fit it.

I originally bought a Strat neck plate to fit it, but width wise, it's too large by about 1/4in. Length wise, it would fit perfectly. I realize I could fill in the original holes and drill new ones, but the neck plate is so large on it that I'd be drilling *very* close to the edge of the guitar, which I doubt would be very safe to do to the guitar.

Does anyone know of a place I can get smaller ones, or know where I should be looking? Or if not, can anyone make one if I give them exact dimensions?

Thanks guys!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ This.

You don't need a plate, those ferrules will work fine.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I don't think the ferrules will work, the piece of wood the screws have to go through on the body is quite thin, the ferrules might puncture all the way through the wood, or are going to be very close. But... I'll be sure to measure it tomorrow and see if it might be able to work
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Any other ideas?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Any other ideas?

Those ferrules and associated screws are specifically designed for thin-heeled bodies.

Edit: Don't ask for more ideas until you've measured, as that could solve this problem now.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Those ferrules and associated screws are specifically designed for thin-heeled bodies.

Edit: Don't ask for more ideas until you've measured, as that could solve this problem now.

Just measured.

Seems the depth is ok, but the diameter is too large, the ferrule would be coming out the side of the heel on the top two.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 2, 2008,
So basically your screws are like.. AT the edge of the heel?
Well how was it attached before?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
So basically your screws are like.. AT the edge of the heel?
Well how was it attached before?

Pretty much.

It was attached before by a neck plate which has since been lost as it hasn't been played for 20 years and has been kept in storage, taken apart.

Here's a picture:

For dimensions, from the center of each hole, it measures:

1-15/16 in. long and 1-1/4 in. wide
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 2, 2008,
You could just use the standard neck screws and put washers under them. Or make your own, get a piece of some sort of metal and drill the holes and file the edges.
Get a metal working shop to custom cut you one. It won't cost much, just a couple dollars worth of metal, and an hour of cutting and finishing work.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
Get a metal working shop to custom cut you one. It won't cost much, just a couple dollars worth of metal, and an hour of cutting and finishing work.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about doing. I'm in the Engineering program at my college so I have access to that kind of stuff and we have a machine worker guy too, I'll have to talk to him and see what I'd need to bring him.

Using washers crossed my mind too, but I think it might look a bit tacky
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
redrilling holes wouldnt be a good idea...making one is your best option..if you have access to the machine shop as you say then your all set...make a template and your there!

i have some chrome plated steel in various thickness's.....if you cant get it done send me the template and i will make you one for $20