hey im looking for a new acoustic guitar, i have around $500 to spend and i wondering what is the best qaulity i could get. I have no idea, i have never played acoustic before, just electric. cheers
Gibson SG

Just cut a hole in it

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving
Gibson SG

Just cut a hole in it

Too bad the SG is well over his budget.

I'd suggest looking for maybe a Yamaha or a Simon & Patrick. I've heard very good things from both, and I myself own a Yamaha which i love.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Would agree with bluezombie...have both of the above makes and they are good little guitars
personally my favorite 3 acoustic brands r taylor, gibson, and martin. I just recently got a new guitar. i was in the same situation as you, looking for something good in the 500 dollar range. i went to guitarcenter and compared the taylor big baby and the taylor 110 with some of the 500 dollar martin models and i liked taylor alot more. they look nicer, feel nicer, and just all around sound nicer. I fell in love with my 110 i bought there. It sounds really good and it only cost about 500 (a little more with a hardcase and a few other accessories) and now i get to show of the taylor name on my headstock. hope that helped...
I would personally just avoid taylor, martin, and gibson in the under $1000 range except for the Martin 15 series. The taylors and martins are made with subpar materials. Yea, they're still decent guitars, but not for the price.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
I would personally just avoid taylor, martin, and gibson in the under $1000 range except for the Martin 15 series. The taylors and martins are made with subpar materials. Yea, they're still decent guitars, but not for the price.

I believe the 2006 and older 200 series Taylors were made with solid sapele. I don't know how many of those you can find in guitar stores though...

When dealing with 500 and under, I wouldn't go for a Gibson, Martin or Taylor either; you're just paying for the name.

I would go for the Epiphone Masterbilts - they're all solid woods and the construction is pretty good for a guitar in that price range.
Quote by Shinoda_Ex
I believe the 2006 and older 200 series Taylors were made with solid sapele. I don't know how many of those you can find in guitar stores though...

When dealing with 500 and under, I wouldn't go for a Gibson, Martin or Taylor either; you're just paying for the name.

I would go for the Epiphone Masterbilts - they're all solid woods and the construction is pretty good for a guitar in that price range.

Yup. The pre-2007 200 series Taylors had solid sapele. I believe there's a website online that stocked up on a lot of them and are still selling them. Someone's posted it around here before, but I don't know what site that was.
Equipment:

I had a Martin DX1 for a while before i bought my played in D18. They are actually nice sounding guitars despite the slagging off they get. My friend has it now so i still get to play it and in my opinion it still sounds good!
I have a Yamaha classical that was under $500 that I use for my performance guitar. Usually can't miss with Yamaha. Washburn makes a pretty nice cutaway, but thats probably a tad expensive. If you want a twangy guitar look at Framus Westerner or Texaner or something or rather, which I also have.
Takamine Gs330s.. I love it!
"Music is essentially useless, as life is"

Jackson DKMG
Roland Cube60
POD xt live
thats it
I have both an ovation CC48 and a washburn rarewood and i love them both for different types of songs. the traditional acoustic style is better for more non electric playing for little stuff at home but if you plan on gigging with an acoustic id totally go with an ovation bcuz they may not sound that great acousticly but if u want 2 gig id go with any model of the ovation bcuz it sounds like what the audience expects an acoustic 2 sound like. and the ovaton has a built in pre-amp and tuner and i know folk players that use them and i know death metal players that use them so its a very universal guitar.
It goes month/day/year. XD
Equipment: