Hi im just begining playing and already have an electric bass but no amp ( just one im borrowing from a friend). It would be really handy tho if i could just get an acoustic bass because me and my friends play a lot around camp fires but i cant always just plug my friends amp in. What kind of an acoustic bass would you suggest?
Please search bar this. This question has been asked and answered dozens of times.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i have a Ibanez AEB10E i like it and get compliments on how good it looks and sounds and it also has a built in tuner i would post a link but im not really sure how that works

i forgot to mention the starting price is like 350 dollars plus tax and wether or not you want a warranty
i have about a 500 dollar price range it doesnt have to be anything totally special just something that sounds decent
Are you thinking of getting a case because i kind of regret not getting one I have a couple of dents and if i turn it towards the light you can see scratches, i should of taken better care of it.
those things aren't near loud enough in an unamplified enviroment.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
the ibanez i preffered can be plugged into a amp and has sliders for bass and trebble and other stuff, plus its pretty fun pratice if with a acoustic bass
he wants to play at a campfire. if he can lug an amp to a campfire, much less plug in...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i also have a ibanez acoustic bass it is great. but make sure u get a good case
Don't waste your money.

Acoustic "basses" are the biggest joke in the industry. The concept just doesn't work. I used to own one and it was 100% shit factory. They simply can't be heard by human ears past a 5 foot radius. If there is a substantial amount of din in the area where you play it you will not hear anything. Better off just useing a real bass son.
i know a guy that is two years above in school that has one

total douche

the acoustic bass seems alright tho
Feels Good Man

...there's a metal train that's a mile long and at the very back end a lightning bolt struck her. How long til it reaches and kills the driver, provided that he's a good conductor...
i know a guy that uses a battery powered amp at the place we skate and his buddy brings his acoustic guitar...works well though the bass can sound overdriven, but that can be cool really...he uses an Ibanez Prestige with active pups which helps boost the sound also..

the amp is a Fender 9v battery powered amp for guitars but like i said it does work gettin the bass heard with an acoustic guitar

i think the biggest they come is 10w for -$100 better than an acoustic, also ive played on it out there and i noticed he cranks it and it never blows so i was impressed

G'd Luck
The only good Acoustic basses are over $1000...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
There is a reason why the double bass is made so huge.

Lower frequency--->Longer wavelength--->Larger dimensions needed for resonance.

I agree that acoustic bass guitars are just a flawed concept.
Quote by Arbitror
There is a reason why the double bass is made so huge.

Lower frequency--->Longer wavelength--->Larger dimensions needed for resonance.

I agree that acoustic bass guitars are just a flawed concept.

Whoa that makes a lot of sense, I've never thought of it that way.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
The new Roland bass microcube. Protable, good amp, built in effects, half what you're looking to spend.

Also battery powered and made for bass. It's a decent amp.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I'm just waiting for someone to make a somewhat portable 34" scaled upright.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Plan B-- get a cheap bass you don't mind beating around(probably used) and pickup a pignose battery amp. They supposedly last quite a while, and your bass will be audible with acoustic guitar players.

edit^ Cody more or less already suggest the same idea.
Takamine. I <3 Takamine acoustics, guitar's and basses! The tone is amazing.
//Overture

"You don't learn funk, the funk learns you.."
ovation makes a good cheap one also i played a nice ibanez but it was a limited run i want to get it its probable still at eastcoast music mall
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I have to get a hard case for sure i just have a soft case right now between my 2 basses but i kinda like the idea of an acoustic. Does the sound really not travel that well? I could i guess try and get a little battery powered amp
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Yeah, something like that, but acoustic, and cheap.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, something like that, but acoustic, and cheap.

Thought about a tub with a broom handle?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Thought about a tub with a broom handle?

I think the tub and the broom handle have more use individually than together as an instrument.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I just checked out the Roland Micro Cube Bass RX online and that looks like the best bet for a bassist that wants to jam with some acoustics in the wilderness, haha. Lots of features, battery powered (quoted at 13 hours constant use) and less that $250. So not only will you likely spend less on the amp than on a new ABG, you'll have the freedom of using any of your bass guitars around the campfire.
I have been looking at ABGs again. The busking laws in my area of the world say you can play as long as you aren't amplified. So once again, I have tried every ABG under 600 USD. They all are meh, the can't compete even with an acoustic guitar and god help you if you are trying to get over someone playing congas, hell even bongos.