There's a guy who wants to trade me an 80s Fender Telecaster with a high output Seymour Duncan in the bridge for my Schecter Tempest Extreme. I personally like single coils more than humbuckers, so I thought this was a good deal but I wanted to know what my fellow UGers thought.

Some pics of the Tele can be found here.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Electric-guitars/photos/a-179680214/p-75724945.htm
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
now i like my fender a lot, but im not big on teles too much. im more of a schecter fan than fender, while both are good guitars, but i still prefer schecter, but thats because i love metal of all kinds, plus other styles, just mainly metal, so i may be biased. if hes local, try to get a chance to play it, then go from there.
sorry if that was dragged out lol
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
He's in my town. I'm an alt/punk/grunge guy, and while I like my Schecter that kind of deal on a Tele makes me wanna drool. If I had $300 I'd buy it off him, but I don't have $300.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I'd hang on to the Schecter man.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fenders made in the 80s = godly.
Check if it's MIJ, the MIJ Fenders are gold.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
If it's after '85, I'd go for it.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by m30wc0w
Fenders made in the 80s = godly.
Check if it's MIJ, the MIJ Fenders are gold.

it's made in mexico. right there on the headstock.

sorry for double post.
well definately try it out first, no harm in doing that
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I think the tele(It's MIM) is worth a good deal more than your scheter even though I see certain things that are going to need replacing. Luckily it's really easy to get parts for fenders.
Like what?
Quote by Cathbard
In a perfect world I'd keep both guitars, but I don't have the money. I might see if anyone wants to buy a beat up old Ibanez though and see if I can get any cash for that.
Quote by Cathbard
**** Schecter, get the tele.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120