My new band just recorded two new songs.

Let me know what you think of the songs and the recording quality (they were recorded in my basement with relatively inexpensive gear).

Any comments are appreciated.

The songs can be found at: myspace.com/nauticalredband
In all honesty, it's not something I'd listen to everyday. But it was definetely out of the ordinary. I enjoyed it. I would probably work on the evening of the sound though.
'Caw, caw *bang* F*ck, I'm dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a pretty interesting sound you have. One of the guitars is way too loud, which buries the rest of the mix.

I would suggest overdubbing the vocals so you can pay more attention to the pitch and singing/mic technique.

Also, get a bass player. You have a tight drummer, and you need something to make him sound even better.

Basically, I think you have a solid foundation there.
Hey man, I gave 'em a listen!
I quite liked the riff going on within "Watch the Plot Unfold" - Although the singing I wasn't too keen on, It just did nothing for me.

I thought that "My Pocket" was a better tune over all, although you really should use a Pop Filter when you sing as it makes a big Difference in the Vocal Quality!!!

? CRIT MINE ?
GEAR:
SCHECTER "Diamond Series" REVENGER Guitar
VOX AD30VT Amp
ZOOM HD16CD Digital Mulit-Track Recorder
1 SHURE SM-57,1 Audio-Technica AT2035, 1 APEX 435 Mic. & 2 APEX 180 Condencer Mics
Edited with Audacity & Adobe Audition 3