i've decided to sell my dunlop fuzzface, but i'm having trouble deciding what new fuzz pedal to get. i'm playing through a vox ac15, fender american strat w/ fender 69 pickups, ibanez ts808, and a crybaby 535q. i play a lot of blues and classic rock (hendrix, srv, clapton, black keys, etc). i was trying to decide between either the fulltone '70 pedal or an analogman sunface. which one of these two do u guys think would work better for me?
also, i hav some questions regarding the analogman sunface options. what's the difference between the normal and high gain NKT-275 transistors? and what's the difference between the normal NKT-275 and sundial knob option and the normal NKT-275 transistors option? is it just that one includes a sundial know while the other does not? i've read the information on the site, but i'm still a little confused.
Analogman...the fultone 70 is a silicone fuzz and the sunface is a germanium.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
^^You can get a silicon BC108 sunface as well.

The high gain NKT-275s are exactly what they sound like. More gain then the regular NKT-275s.

Quote by Analogman
If you want the NKT sound, but with more fuzz, and a bit brighter, with a reasonable amount of cleanup like other fuzzface clones and our generic germaniums (not 100% clean), we have some HIGH GAIN NKTs that we have saved over the years. They are the same parts, they just tested out higher in gain than the ones we normally use.

The sundial is a bias knob, which I believe is more useful on germanium transistor fuzz faces, because germanium transistors seem to be very picky with temperatures.

Quote by Analogman
We now put the SUN DIAL on the Sunface to make a 3 knob small gold pedal. The middle knob is on center of the Sun Face Graphics. It is the exact same function and circuit as the internal BIAS trim pot on the 2 knob model. It is used for keeping the fuzz happy at different temperatures, and with different or worn batteries.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I know its not what your asking for, but I would take a serious look at the Lovepedal 200lb fuzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k6tF0s0lNs
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
ok. thanks. so for the different purchase options online, the normal NKT-275 and sundial knob option and the normal NKT-275 transistors option is the same thing, except one has a sundial while the other doesnt?
^^Yes. The normal non-sundial pedal still has a bias trimpot inside the pedal though.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Either the Sunface or aforementioned 200lbs of tone.
Both are really excellent, the 200 is very cool with the soft switch and the fat knob.
The germanium sunface is more of a straight clone than the 200, an all-around solid pedal. I haven't tried the silicon version though.
I didn't like the '70. It just didn't sound quite right, had a midrange that wasn't quite correct for a fuzz face.
ok. thanks for the replies. i think i'll go with the sunface. but now i hav another question. does putting in a power jack as opposed to using a battery rlly have that much of an effect on tone like the site says it does?
Yes it does.
Definitely use a battery if you can- the cheap non-alkaline ones sound the best for fuzz face types.