The 3 channel amps have really caught my attention but I never see a band using Crate.
the blue voodoo is a great amp because it is priced in the league with solid state amps, but it's sound is in the league of it's own. if i was you i would stay away from anything else that crate makes, including their cabinets.
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
the blue voodoo is a great amp because it is priced in the league with solid state amps, but it's sound is in the league of it's own. if i was you i would stay away from anything else that crate makes, including their cabinets.

V-Series?? They are great amps and very affordable.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
V-Series?? They are great amps and very affordable.

great because affordable.

in general crate does not make quality products.
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
great because affordable.

in general crate does not make quality products.

That's all opinion. A Crate V-Series could cost $1000 and I would still consider it a great amp - very overpriced, but great nonetheless.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
That's all opinion. A Crate V-Series could cost $1000 and I would still consider it a great amp - very overpriced, but great nonetheless.

I agree, though the only reason I bought one is because of the price.

Crate has a bad name because A) They make reasonably price amps, which snobs scoff at and B) The Flexwave series.

Crate is owned by Ampeg, and Ampeg makes/made some of the best Guitar amps I've ever heard or played.
Stop listening to us rant on ug and go to your local guitar center and try out everything.
crate is garbage... when i played drums for a black metal band , our guitarist was given a blue voodo to record with. it sounded like ass! we took that amp to the firing range and put 300 .45 full metal jackets in that amp...
Quote by beelzebub101
crate is garbage... when i played drums for a black metal band , our guitarist was given a blue voodo to record with. it sounded like ass! we took that amp to the firing range and put 300 .45 full metal jackets in that amp...

Quote by imgooley

if you took that (ock out of your mouth we might be able to understand you...

Quote by beelzebub101
if you took that (ock out of your mouth we might be able to understand you...

I don't like chicken...

Suffice to say, I think you're wrong about Crate Amplifiers, and I think you're an idiot for destroying an amplifier, regardless of your opinion of it. You could have at least sold the motherfucker.
^+1

seriously, its cool to be all EXTREME DEATH METAL OMG LETS SHOOT STUFF AND DRINK BEER

but wouldn't it have been nicer to have a cold 300 bucks in cash from trading it in?
uh yea, mr noob be careful with your harassing statements.

and i happen to really like imgooley.

*reported
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005

and i happen to really like imgooley.

<3.

because i don't know how to make that fancy looking one that REALLY shows how much you care for someone....

so here's another

<3

i haven't really used crates too much, though my randall uses a crate footswitch and that's never crapped out...and my blackheart has 'Crate' somewhere on the head unit. i think it's distributed through Crate? or something like that....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
<3.

because i don't know how to make that fancy looking one that REALLY shows how much you care for someone....

so here's another

<3

i haven't really used crates too much, though my randall uses a crate footswitch and that's never crapped out...and my blackheart has 'Crate' somewhere on the head unit. i think it's distributed through Crate? or something like that....

It's actually a subsidiary/series name for those particular amplifiers. From what I've read (though not by any means from a reliable source), they are replacing the V series.
well if they DO replace the V series that would be cool except for the fact that the REALLLY good deals will end with the V series....but then again that's prolly why they're on sale so low...getting rid of inventory so they can stock up w/ blackhearts maybe? seems logical i guess.

not hijacking the thread or anything, but blackheart would do the 'Crate' name some good, they are beautiful mass-produced tube amps. i'm still completely satisfied with mine
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Crate has made some very shotty SS amps since the early 80's. (My old G40-C is an example, 2 years and it crapped completely). Now their tube amps have always been good. The new V series is the worst of the tube amps they have made, and they are very good IMO by today's standards. The Vintage Club series, made in STL, is great IMO, I'm on craigslist everyday looking for the VC3112t, it'l come one day - and probably for $250... I am personally glad people have this "crate sux" tude, it plays into my devious plan perfectly. Bwah ha ha ha....

But they have been running from that crap reputation for years, re-branding a couple times. Palomino, is an example of that, so is Blackheart. People rave about Pals a and Blackhearts, because they are good amps.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 2, 2008,
I want a VC50H bad. In cream. With matching 4x12.
^Remember that full stack we found in STL for $400? Yea, that had me going too.
Quote by gregs1020
^Remember that full stack we found in STL for $400? Yea, that had me going too.

You should have bought it and shipped me one of the cabs
Quote by sesstreets
Stop listening to us rant on ug and go to your local guitar center and try out everything.

Thisx1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001.5.
Quote by StevenS2k5

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
ZOMG U GUYZ MORE NEWZE!!

If you're in drop D (the most METAL tuning ever) you can do this :

e-x
B-x
G-x
D-x
A-x
D-7

It's the same as this!

e-x
B-x
G-x
D-x
A-0
D-x

You can change tunings?
Quote by gregs1020

Tell me you bought that (so I can buy it off you later).
The only Crate amp ever worth owning was the first tube that they made, thanks to Lee Jackson: the Stealth. Sure, the input jack and the lack of standby switch steered most guitarists, but that can be easily be fixed by a qualified tech. It was all about it's tone... unbelievable. It's a Marshall in Crate's clothing.
Quote by imgooley
Tell me you bought that (so I can buy it off you later).

I'm waiting for it to hit $350.
Quote by gregs1020
I'm waiting for it to hit $350.

Make him an offer he can't refuse
Seriously - if it goes that low I will. The guy that traded me a Blues Jr and $50 for my Delta Blues put th DB on clist yesterday. E-mailed him and he said economy, sad stuff.

But let me know if you want the crate, I have shipping friends. And it's in the city I work in so I'm there at least twice a week.
If it goes low enough.

What tubes does it run?
I thought the VC used EL84's but I could be wrong. Lemme check.

Yup - they came with the 84s stock. One guy on HC got his with 34s but bought used.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 3, 2008,
I loved my V16 Palomino, and I wish I didn't have to sell it, but I didn't have room for it and my Bugera in my bedroom.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS