I just saw the indestructible music video and noticed how awesome of a bass their bassist was using. I looked it up, it seems like it would be a great bass, anybody have one or used one? is it as good as it looks?
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Everybody and their grandmother plays guitar. True men play bass.

Amen!!

Quote by ifeastonbums
it won't harm the bass, but it will harm the children, and I for one love the children.

I love the children...
Doesn't seem bad, wood and preamp wise, but I'm not sure about the pickups. I haven't heard much good about traben electronics, and I know BC Rich also use rockfield pickups a lot in their guitars, which is probably a VERY bad sign
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Link?
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by kugelspot
Doesn't seem bad, wood and preamp wise, but I'm not sure about the pickups. I haven't heard much good about traben electronics, and I know BC Rich also use rockfield pickups a lot in their guitars, which is probably a VERY bad sign

I don't understand why everyone hates on BC Rich so much.

Frankly I don't see any difference between that and the regular Chaos Core 5 string besides the difference in looks... and 70 bucks.

John Moyer Sig: http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traben-John-Moyer-Signature-Havoc-5-Bass?sku=483339

Chaos Core 5: http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traben-Chaos-Core-5?sku=515971

What's "paulownia/paulonia" anyways? (They couldn't decide how to spell it in musiciansfriend so I guess they decided to mix n' match spellings )
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
He was interviewed in the new bassplayer magazine about his bass, apparently it's a signature version of a Stingray, modified to fit his style. It has a through bridge/through body bridge, and the rockfield pickups.
The BC Riches that Rockfield pickups are in are the Korean made ones - my buddy's NT Mockingbird is a solid piece. Apparently they're fantastic pickups, if you're a fan of the 'buckers. They're meant for a vintage tone.

It looks solid, although I'm still no fan of basswood. That said, that particular model's bridge looks like the Traben concept is finally starting to look right - a huge, deep bridge instead of a pretentious thin plate.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I prefer the look of the more conventional high mass bridges on these as opposed to their regular bridge-that-is-screwed-in-at-50-points-all-over-the-body-with-some-crazy(ugly imo)-design.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9