So, I posted a thread like this a long time ago, but no answers were given. Also, this thread will have more to my original question.

So a while ago, a few months, I discovered that If I use my Crybaby Wah pedal and plug it into the "Channel Footswitch input" on my AD30VT (from the "to amplifier output on the wah)... The wah acts as a channel switch when I press the footpedal...

*Note: I am not plugging my guitar into the wah pedal.. the guitar is in the normal input of the amp.*

So...

[Guitar]-------------[Amp input][Footswitch input]-----------[Wah pedal]

Now, I've only done this once out of fear I could break something... somehow.... But it works!

Original question: Could this damage my Wah or my amp? If the answer is no, then would it be safe to assume this works well for all amps?

Additional question: Can I make a footswitch just out of any old toggle and put it into a chassis as an 'official channel switch pedal'?
wait so you plugged the footswitch output into the input of the wah and left the output of the wah empty?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Interesting.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
Yeah this is common with every footpedal! I've read that you can even usea paperclip, mount it on a cable and it should work. Any type of switch will act as a channelswitch.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
this is quite interesting and i'm intrigued!!! no joke!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
The Vox footswitcher is a overpriced item, anything that can "click" between two settings is what works for vox. Most footswitches require 6 pin or even the Marshall AVT computer monitor looking plugs, but not for the vox.
A switch is a switch. Come on already.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I just use a Leem channel switcher (will be upgrading to a Napalm 69 soon) for my Orange Rockerverb. I suppose a switch is a switch, you can get a Boss Latching Footswitch for $40 on Ebay, and then you can use the wah for the purpose you bought it for. But it shouldn't do any damage as far as I know.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
I just use a Leem channel switcher
If you get the chance, try Leem cables. They are the best. Amazing signal and clarity. Cheap too.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
If you get the chance, try Leem cables. They are the best. Amazing signal and clarity. Cheap too.

Dude, I use Leem Gold They is good!
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I took the dampner pedal off an old roland keyboard and tried it in every single jack because the amp and keyboard were the same brand (roland) I thought 'this will do something'.Only problem I have to HOLD DOWN the pedal for distortion.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by IncubusMan999
Dude, I use Leem Gold They is good!
I use the gold Crazy Cables.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION