I am just looking to see what everyone thinks of our new material.We are considering sending some stuff out to labels.So I kind of want to know if our stuff is worth anybodies time or if we just suck a big old whatever.Our band is called Swing From The Heels.

Standard c4c rules apply.

Click on me!!!
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
The labels would listen to it until the singer started, then they would throw out the demo.
especially when he starts WAAYYY off key. not a good first impression
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Are those MIDI drums? If so, they could be alot tighter. The first song is not that tight rhythmically. Did Lars Ulrich program those beats?

After listening to both songs, I think the only thing you really need to do before sending a demo off is become tight. Seriously, these songs are pretty much relying on rhythmic stabs and stuff like that and you can't be taken seriously until you get the rhythm absolutely perfect.

Basically, the sound of everything else is pretty good, although it's not the kind of music I like.
I think instrumentally it's quite good, the drums are a little off at times, nothing glaringly obvious. The problem is the vocals, he sounds like he has a good grip of control and can sing alright. Except it's as if he is singing the right thing in the wrong key to fit with the instruments. If you can get them to match you should do fine.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967029
you're not going to get a deal with this singer....
and i'm so sorry if you are the singer...
no I am not the singer.The drums are not midi either.Thanks for the input everyone.It should help a lot.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Death Aint No Way To Make - First impression was great, nice melody going on. Then the vocals kicked in. My first thought was "god he sucks" but the more I listened the more I grew to it,, I can really hear the potential in he's voice. I honestly think all he needs is a few lessons with a good vocal trainer on hes screaming/Singin voice to be in key and projection. Musically its very good. the flow is all the way thru, kept me listening. I recommend turning down the solo a little. As for fleaFlicker saying its not tight, I think differently. For a demo I think its very good, better than alot of stuff on here.

No Signs Of Struggle - Once again, you got a nice melody and nice leads going on. I think its well written, great ideas through out the song. Again it has what it takes to keep me listening. The solo in this is better than the other song, I get a very All That Remains vibe from the solo who are one of my fav bands. Influenced by them much?

Over-all as a demo, I really like it. I would definally listen to it again.

Only thing I would say is get your singer lessons, because he has it in him and once you get him tamed you will go somewhere.

Best of luck guys!

C4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966183
Last edited by False_God at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by False_God
As for fleaFlicker saying its not tight, I think differently. For a demo I think its very good, better than alot of stuff on here.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966183

Hey, I'll admit it's probably got better rhythm than some other songs that people put up, but they wanted to know if they could get anywhere with that demo, and I just don't think it's tight enough to send to anyone. If you're going to be serious, you have to do it right. If you can get it right in the demo, imagine how much better the real thing will be.

As for the vocals, I don't think honestly it matters too much, because a record label will take a good band with an OK singer (I actually didn't think it was bad, I think it worked for what you were doing, but hypothetically), if the singer has some marketable factor (i.e. being a pretty boy, or an androgynous boy, or whatever is hot these days).

Obviously, if he's handsome and has a set of lungs, then that's great, but there are alot of bands in existence that are image based.

Just a quick question... How did you record this demo?