So i just bought a new Casio keyboard and i dont really know where to start learning.

any tips pit monkeys?

Cheers
Quote by BKGMorley
So i just bought a new Casio keyboard and i dont really know where to start learning.

any tips pit monkeys?

Cheers

Press the buttons.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by BKGMorley

any tips pit monkeys?

Cheers

Same as any other keyboard. Place your 4 fingers on the letters A, S, D, F, J, K, L, and ; if you want to be pro. The enter and backspace keys are really nice to use also. Enjoy.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
There are lessons everywhere. There are also videos that you can watch and just copy if you are lazy and don't wanna read sheet music. Sheets are also everywhere, I just have a hell of a time finding the one's I want. Lets hope your keyboard has 88 keys because mine doesn't and I can't play all the songs I want. ( Guitarpro is also your friend if you just want to play small parts to accompany or start out.
Quote by BKGMorley

any tips pit monkeys?

Cheers

Does it have one of the vibrato things? If so, push in a key, then shake the vibrato thing like crazy.
I found piano extremely easy to learn. If you know rudimentary music theory (chord construction, scales, etc.), I should think you will too. Just fuck around with it for a while, then go buy some music to learn.
Quote by BKGMorley
Any serious helpful answers?

Take piano lessons. Or go out and buy 'Piano for Dummies'.
you wanted a keyboard, so you got a Casio?,,, thats too bad,,,
anyway,, go to any music store and get some beginning piano books,,, they ahouldnt be more than 3 to 4 bucks a piece, and start from there.
Just start off learning theory, I think that seems the easiest in my opinion...
LARGE TEXT
Quote by BKGMorley
Any serious helpful answers?

...get a teacher, or buy a book... OR... MOTHER****ING GOOGLE GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you people THAT lazy!?! The Pit is here to help people who need it, you just don't want to use your head!!!

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
you wanted a keyboard, so you got a Casio?QUOTE]

it was the cheapest one i could find, whats wrong with casio
Quote by elekguit
...get a teacher, or buy a book... OR... MOTHER****ING GOOGLE GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you people THAT lazy!?! The Pit is here to help people who need it, you just don't want to use your head!!!

wut.
LARGE TEXT
^^^ Yea, because people need the pit for advice....sure. I think it's more because no one here has real friends.

Just pm me if you need something. This is going to end horribly.
Well, we somewhat help. We're also here for fun. We're the cooler brother of 4chan.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit

You calling me an idoit?
Quote by BKGMorley
You calling me an idoit?

I'm calling you lazy...

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
casio arent bad,, but they definitely fall with-in the lower quarter of the keyboard market, they do make some decent calculators though.

If you are just starting to learn keyboard, a casio will do you just fine
Quote by rokket2005
casio arent bad,, but they definitely fall with-in the lower quarter of the keyboard market, they do make some decent calculators though.

If you are just starting to learn keyboard, a casio will do you just fine

TI > Casio

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Flying Couch
I found piano extremely easy to learn. If you know rudimentary music theory (chord construction, scales, etc.), I should think you will too. Just fuck around with it for a while, then go buy some music to learn.

I have to agree. The best way to self teach yourself is if you already know some basic music theory, mainly scales and chords. When I started learning piano I took what I knew from guitar and applied it, in the beginning, but eventually got more used to it and was able to branch further and play it more like a piano. Pick up some beginner's books, scale books, theory books, w/e, depends on how serious you want to get. It would probably immensely help if your aunt has a PHD in music and teaches piano, but not everyone is so fortunate. I'd say the best way is to take lessons. Good luck with it man, Piano is amazing IMO.
Quote by elekguit
TI > Casio

by no means did I say they made great calculators,, everyone knows Texas Instruments pretty much has a monopoly on the calculator market,,
I simply meant that, proportionately, casios calculators are better at being calculators than their keyboards are at being keyboards.
nice. piano is a good instrument to pick up its a very versitile instrument. i found when i started learn piano i started geting a better grip on my theory it helps out a lot. as long as you know some basic thoery you should be fine. just screw around on it for a while and you will figure it out pretty quick. just go have fun and be creative with it.
Quote by fudger
once again *REPORTED*

were are the mods???

Yeah, I know! Someone said it earlier, we need more in different timezones.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

I'd be a mod!
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

Yay, someone read. Well guys I'm reporting EVERY picture like this I see, I guess I advise you all to do the same.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.