Ok. There is a problem i am having trouble with. I hope someone in the pit can help me.

The water used in many fountains is recycled. For instance, a single water particle in a fountain travels through an 85 m system and then returns to the same point. What is the displacement of a water particle during one cycle.

Ok all the problems before we had to make scale drawings to do them. I have no idea to make a scale drawing of the water cycle of a fountain. If anyone knows how to get the answer please elaborate, because i do not know. If i had to guess id say 85 m since it is returning to the same point. That just seems to obvious to me though.
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101
Youre mom should have used the coat hanger to abort you as a fetus.

Douche bag.
The distance travelled is 85m.
The displacement is 0m, because it returned to the same point.
that sounds easy enough
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101

Douche bag.
Quote by Cato_60
Ok. There is a problem i am having trouble with. I hope someone in the pit can help me.

The water used in many fountains is recycled. For instance, a single water particle in a fountain travels through an 85 m system and then returns to the same point. What is the displacement of a water particle during one cycle.

Ok all the problems before we had to make scale drawings to do them. I have no idea to make a scale drawing of the water cycle of a fountain. If anyone knows how to get the answer please elaborate, because i do not know. If i had to guess id say 85 m since it is returning to the same point. That just seems to obvious to me though.
Since it returns to the same point, the displacement is 0. Displacement is a state variable, which means that how you get from beginning to end doesn't matter, what does matter is where the beginning and end are. Since beginning and ending are the same point, the displacement is 0.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
thanks alot
Quote by Union Jake

Quote by fenderfreak101

Douche bag.
Quote by Cato_60

displacement measures the distance it from the end to the start, since the end of the loop is at the beginning the displacement is 0

don't feed the troll
You are now blinking manually