Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

Something has been bothering me of late. My two friends who game exclusively on PC's keep telling me that FPS' (first person shooters) belong on PC. They simply say fps are "better " on PC as opposed to console.
The only real advantage i see is you have a mouse which allows for quicker cross hair movement.

Discuss.
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
its one hell of an advantage analog sticks FTL
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
I may be just used to PC games, but it is WAY easier for me to use a mouse in fps games compared to a controller, although I hate controllers for all types of games.
I actually had a much better time with Doom on Xbox, and the same goes double for Duke Nukem.
You're*
It's more intense, and takes more skill and reaction IMO. It's just so CLUNKY on console. It's so smooth and liquid on PC. Plus, if you don't just spray and pray and can actually aim, you'll ****ing own! Whereas on console, most ppl just spray like **** and they "OMG I PWNED YOU!!@11one! J00 ARE T3H NUBS!2!!11@onezor!!!"

Anyways....Yeah. Better on pc.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Yeah i still don't think "having a mouse" is enough to warrant saying FPS' are better on PC.
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
shit..^^^

and i love PC FPS'

the mouse backs it easier and the controls are pretty straight forward...
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Oh God...someone...MY EYES!!!!

But FPS started on PC's so I think they should stay there, and i prefer it.

Edit:
This dude has more than one account, hinted at it under the HURRR one, Legion for i am many
I much prefer them on PC's. I'm addicted to battlefield 2 right now (anyone else?). I think the mouse does give a massive advantage over analogue sticks.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
i loved half life 2 death match when i was a 13 year old..and it was all adults and mature people...and i actually fit in there

then i went on to CSS

and we all know how that works..

zombie mod ftw!
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
i've never been a pc gamer, i've always used consoles.

then i got COD4 on pc because i didn't have the consoles it ran on.

now i'm convinced fps's are waaaay better on pc.
Go Veg.
I happened to be one of those people who always promote PC gaming. Of course the choice of whether you want to use 360, PS3, Wii or PC to play FPS is entirely up to you. Some people like gamepads some people like keyboards. However, it's widely know that mouse has indisputable superiority in terms of sensitivity. As for the keyboard, you have far more options of the layout of keys. You can use WASD or Arows. Instead of scrolling through you inventory you can just use numpad to choose what you want to use. Nevertheless there always should be disadvantages of using either gamepad or keyboard. In this case the only disadvantage I see in using keyboard + mouse is their price. A good keyboard + mouse (Not combo) would cost you about $200, while controller comes with the console. You can always use the same keyboard you get with your PC however, it will never be as good as say Razer or Logitech.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Mouse yay. And on computers you can have more binds and buy macros etc.
Quote by bodomlove
Hey guys,

They simply say fps are "better " on PC as opposed to console.

Discuss.

100% agree.
If i had a choice of playing a FPS on a console or PC, pc wins without even thinking about it.
alright then
thanks for your input guys
Quote by DaliLama
Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
It's more intense, and takes more skill and reaction IMO. It's just so CLUNKY on console. It's so smooth and liquid on PC. Plus, if you don't just spray and pray and can actually aim, you'll ****ing own! Whereas on console, most ppl just spray like **** and they "OMG I PWNED YOU!!@11one! J00 ARE T3H NUBS!2!!11@onezor!!!"

Anyways....Yeah. Better on pc.

agreed

the fact that its easier to aim actually makes the gameplay harder and more intense because its easier for EVERYONE to aim.
Well if I wanted to, I could use a mouse and keyboard for FPS games on my PS3.

So there.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I dunno, I like the sensitivity that the 360 analog sticks give you, being able to go every degree in-between the normal forward, backward, left and right. Also, the continuity of the motion when you're turning is nice, instead of rotating with a mouse where you have to lift off the mouse pad. The remedy for that is to set the sensitivity high, but then precise aiming is a bitch.

All and all I like both about equally since PC does have the advantages in that *most* games are server-oriented instead of CoD4 style matchmaking which is just annoying. Also the endless keymapping options and the ability to do things like switch between weapons/grenades a lot quicker than consoles.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Well I think they are easier on pc because the mouse is more sensitive and you can make smaller movements when you are using a scoped weapon. But I can't afford to get a good computer to play all of the games that come out now. My laptop can barely handle Halo as it is...
Shrug, not so much as the PC itself being better, but as the mouse being better. :p

There is just plain and simple no way a controller can compete with a mouse. Many console games actually have a minor form of autoaim built in due to the limitations of an analog stick. A mouse is just so much more precise and faster.
PC >= Wii > other consoles

There may not be many on Wii, but play Metroid Prime 3 and tell me it wasn't awesome
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
PC >= Wii > other consoles

There may not be many on Wii, but play Metroid Prime 3 and tell me it wasn't awesome

Kinda missed the point there, eh Blob?

I'll say that to me, it makes no difference whether they're played on the PC or the Consoles.

Feels to slow on consoles? Turn the analogue sensitivity up.

Can't aim on consoles? That's funny, could have sworn that's what I've been doing all this time.

I will say that the keyboard/mouse combo was my holy grail (suitably changed to suit my requirements!), but these days, there's little difference as far as I can tell.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Yes, I too prefer FPS on PC. The only con I can think of is that sometimes you hit the wrong keys instead of the ones you want, but even so that rarely happens.

PC = Good.
007 goldeneye.
no more conversation needed.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by AzureNight
FPS's on PC are waaaaaay better. Just far superior in every way.

That comment is useless unless you elaborate on "superior in everyway."
Quote by DaliLama
FPS on PC is so much better. I was playing COD4 at my friends house on crapbox and its so much harder than a PC & less fun. PS3 controllers are also much better.
PC Gaming whips the **** out of any console gaming, apart from the Dreamcast, some PS1 games and the megadrive.
I'm one of those people who generally makes it known that I prefer PC shooters over consoles within my little circle of friends.

That being said, I prefer it because the mouse makes for much easier aiming and turning, the keyboard is much more versatile than a controller when it comes to switching through an inventory/weapon list/etc and the like. To those who are like "OH, BUT A KEYBOARD IS TOO BIG", it's not like we're using each and every single key on the damn thing to play our games. Usually WASD/Arrow keys, with maybe 5-10 others.

I also prefer the PC community over the console community. Not to say that all console gamers are babbling lunatics, but many could do with some intelligence. Same goes for some PC gamers, but I've noticed that the PC community generally isn't as idiotic as the console community.

Online play has no extra charge other than the usual monthly internet charge that you have to pay when you have an internet connection.

That's why I believe shooters on the PC are much better and "belong" on the PC. Same goes for RTS and MMORPG games. On the other hand, Platformers, Sports games, and racing games seem to work much much better on the console. Ever tried playing a platformer on a PC? 'tis a nightmare.

Hope that helped with your question
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
I prefer PC FPSs simply for that fact that they dont use 'assisted aim'. If you can't control where you shoot, don't play it
Quote by metallicaftwlp
FPS on PC is so much better. I was playing COD4 at my friends house on crapbox and its so much harder than a PC & less fun. PS3 controllers are also much better.

So you're saying it's not fun because it's more challenging to master the controls?

Also, someone made the sweeping generalization that everyone on a console sprays and thinks they pwn all because of it and everyone on PC takes steady aim? That's so stupid I can hardly fathom why anyone would think that? I've seen about the same amount of people on PC take the fastest shooting submachine gun or assault rifle and open up until everything in front of them is swiss cheese and brag like they had just liberated Georgia from Russia's claws.

I've also seen plenty of people switch everything they've got to single shot or burst and put two in the chest and one in the head of everyone that crosses their path and stay silent as the grave about it on console.

EDIT:
Quote by guy above me
I prefer PC FPSs simply for that fact that they dont use 'assisted aim'. If you can't control where you shoot, don't play it

there hasn't been a real FPS with assisted aim in ages. Nowadays games are using magnetism which is supposed to make up for any lag. The bullets count as a hit if it's within a certain bubble around the person. HALO has magnetism on both console and PC if I'm not mistaken. Either way, it's all about making up for bad connections, unfortunately this also increases the number of people that put 7 trillion rounds out and hope that 1/40th of those hit something.

EDIT 2: I guess not really unfortunately, that just makes them an easy double-tap headshot as they fire until the recoil has them facing up in the air
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Oct 2, 2008,
I agree with HelloHalo, but not on the racers part.

I like racers on the PC, just need to get a controller though.
Quote by Jackolas
I agree with HelloHalo, but not on the racers part.

I like racers on the PC, just need to get a controller though.

F1 2003 on PC w/ Steering Wheel and pedals = Much Fun.

You can ram Schumacher off the road
Page 1 of 2