Well, I was very close to buying this guitar, until I found out about the short scale neck. I really love thick, U shaped tele necks, but I've grown a bit tired of the way teles look, and want something a bit different. Can you buy a full scale neck for the jaguar without getting something custom built?
you could call up fender?
ask at your local music shop/luither
or someone who is a luither here
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Perhaps you could purchase a jazzmaster? And maybe put some jaguar pickups in it. Jaguars pickguards should be a similar size to jazzmaster pickguards
Fender made those guitars with regular scale and short scale necks. The neck pocket is the same. So should be able to get a regular strat neck for it. Or a warmoth one with the neck profile you want.
^Yeah, but intonation will be an issue, won't it? And I thought fender only made short scale jags (except the baritone HH one)...
if you put a regular scale fender neck in there such as a warmoth neck the intonation will be out im sorry to say,

only way you cna get a normal neck in there is if u can move the bridge back 1.5"
I don't know why people post when they don't know anything and mislead poor mofos.

Gnomestar and supergerbil are correct, Jaguars are either 24" or 28.5" scale lengths, meaning that you would have to move the bridge if you want a different scale. Strat necks will not fit anyways because the bottom of the heel (the part closet to the neck pickup) is more square on a strat compared to the roundness of a Jag.

Your choices are either custom or deal with the shortscale.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
Would the conversion necks not work?

you might have to sacrifice a bridge pickup, but all in all you'd get your scale length, wouldn't you?

hermm....
------

Shwiggity.
You wouldn't have to sacrifice the bridge pickup, the bridge and trem would have to move back, but if you look at a jag neck and a strat neck, the heels are different shapes, so i highly doubt it would fit snuggly in the neck pocket anyway.

Maybe i'm wrong about the neck fitting, i don't think so, but moving the bridge and trem is alot of work.

Go and try a baritone if you haven't already, and if the 28.5" is too much, custom jag to your scale.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
You dont always have to move the bridge. I converted 1 of my fenders from 25.5 to 24.75 by simply swapping the neck. No intonation issues. The warmoth necks are made to do this. Warmoth makes no reference to a different neck pocket on the mustangs or jag both of which came with the 24"scale. The mustang could be had with both scales the 25.5 and the 24. Doubt fender made completely different bodies and necks for the 2 scale length guitars. TS if you have a strat neck you can try to see if it will fit and intonate.
just a question, how different does it feel to play a 24" scale compared to 25.5"? is it a difficult switch to go back and forth? I'm looking to get the Standard Jaguar but to play WITH my current guitar - not to replace it

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
It all depends on your hand and finger size.

Obviously, the frets are closer together on a 24" scale guitar, so if you're comfortable on a strat, and you don't have the hands of a giant, the Jaguar might be a bit more comfortable to fret chords on.

Apart from that, the main gripe i have with shortscale Fenders is the 7.5" fretboard radius. Bends are harder to achieve without "fretting out" (where the note dies as you bend it) compared to a guitar with a flatter radius.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
Quote by chipmunksurfer
just a question, how different does it feel to play a 24" scale compared to 25.5"? is it a difficult switch to go back and forth? I'm looking to get the Standard Jaguar but to play WITH my current guitar - not to replace it

Assuming you're using the same tuning on both, the 25.5 will be a lot tighter, whereas your 24 (or 24.75"?) will be a lot more floppy.

i had the same issue on my build, where as i normally play on my Les Paul (24.75"), but on my build, i have a 25.5". it's not TOO hard to adjust, but i still find myself more comfortable on the 24.75", just because it's what i grew up on.
------

Shwiggity.