Ok I need to find a person with much knowledge of how to put together circuit boards and such.

So tomorrow I'm getting 2 12" 1600 watt sub woofers and a 2000 watt amp to go in my car.

My question is: can anyone show me how to hook up LED's to my speakers in such a way that they will "react" to the music?

I'm fairly good with electronics, but a dumbed down version would be appreciated.

Also I can only spend about 20-50 dollars.

Edit:

TO be more specific I want a string of LED lights and is it possible to make different colors respond to different frequencies?
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Last edited by punkrocker10115 at Oct 2, 2008,
More info would help. Such as the layout of the LED's, the car, the wiring of the speakers etc. Without that it's gonna be hard to tell you exactly how to do it or to provide a circuit diagram. Though I think it'll be hard to do for under $50 unless you already have the LED's.

EDIT: Different colors for different frequencies would be hard unless you had a crossover though.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
I can get the leds cheap. I wanted to wire a random string of different colors around the back of my sub box. I have a 1997 Honda civic. It is a 2000 watt two channel amp with 10 gauge wire and a capacitor before the amp.

Hope this will help you.

Even if it will cost more than $50 I would still greatly appreciate it if i could get a wiring diagram.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
They sell LED's with a sound receiver that automatically converts the sound into the addition/reduction of dB's to the light. All you have to do is plug it up like you normally would. Check Newegg.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
thanks. Do you specifically know how to mod them to work with my subs?

I kinda wanted to build it myself seeing as how I'm making the box and wiring the subs and such...

If I can't get a schematic I'll probably just go with the cathodes.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
Quote by punkrocker10115
I can get the leds cheap. I wanted to wire a random string of different colors around the back of my sub box. I have a 1997 Honda civic. It is a 2000 watt two channel amp with 10 gauge wire and a capacitor before the amp.

Hope this will help you.

Even if it will cost more than $50 I would still greatly appreciate it if i could get a wiring diagram.

Not really, I wasn't really thinking when I asked for most of that. What would really help would be the circuit diagrams of the amp itself. I take it you just want this running off the sub, not the highs/mids? If so it's just a matter of running a leech of the line and adding a switch to change color (automatic not manual switch). I'm trying to remember the names of the things. I may have to think about this for a while but I don't think it's that complicated. Could get expensive and difficult if you want "disco style" audio control changing though.

EDIT: So you're making the cab up yourself? That could make it a bit easier.

Quote by jasonmetal love
They sell LED's with a sound receiver that automatically converts the sound into the addition/reduction of dB's to the light. All you have to do is plug it up like you normally would. Check Newegg.

That would be pretty expensive I'd imagine, and not nearly as fun or customizable as doing it yourself.
Quote by Taydr
Not really, I wasn't really thinking when I asked for most of that. What would really help would be the circuit diagrams of the amp itself. I take it you just want this running off the sub, not the highs/mids? If so it's just a matter of running a leech of the line and adding a switch to change color (automatic not manual switch). I'm trying to remember the names of the things. I may have to think about this for a while but I don't think it's that complicated. Could get expensive and difficult if you want "disco style" audio control changing though.

EDIT: So you're making the cab up yourself? That could make it a bit easier.

That would be pretty expensive I'd imagine, and not nearly as fun or customizable as doing it yourself.

It's a Sony xplode 2x 1000 amp.

Edit: I'm defiantly posting pictures when it's done.

BTW, It might be a Plexiglas frame.

My buddy molds it all the time so he said he might do it for me.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
Last edited by punkrocker10115 at Oct 2, 2008,
Ok, I think I know pretty much how this could be done in the easiest, cheapest way. I'll work on the diagram tomorrow morn (It's 9pm here and I'm exhausted) so send me a PM sometime after about 15 hours and I'll hopefully have them drawn up by then for you.

EDIT: A plexiglass frame would look bloody awesome. Could always run some of the LED's through it, looks amazing if done right.
Last edited by Taydr at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by Taydr
Ok, I think I know pretty much how this could be done in the easiest, cheapest way. I'll work on the diagram tomorrow morn (It's 9pm here and I'm exhausted) so send me a PM sometime after about 15 hours and I'll hopefully have them drawn up by then for you.

EDIT: A plexiglass frame would look bloody awesome. Could always run some of the LED's through it, looks amazing if done right.

In 15 hours?

Thanks I appreciate it.

I looked all over the internet for hours and couldn't find a damn thing that wasn't $100+.

I know the feeling it's 4am here and I have to get up at 6am....... at least I don't work tomorow.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
Quote by punkrocker10115
In 15 hours?

Thanks I appreciate it.

I looked all over the internet for hours and couldn't find a damn thing that wasn't $100+.

I know the feeling it's 4am here and I have to get up at 6am....... at least I don't work tomorow.

Like I said: Hopefully. Though knowing me and my maths that's only about 2 hours after I'll get up so more than likely I won't have started, or I'll have forgotten completely and be on here. Hence the PM, either it reminds me to hurry up, or it reminds me to do it, or you're really lucky and get the diagram. In that order of probability.
Quote by Taydr
Like I said: Hopefully. Though knowing me and my maths that's only about 2 hours after I'll get up so more than likely I won't have started, or I'll have forgotten completely and be on here. Hence the PM, either it reminds me to hurry up, or it reminds me to do it, or you're really lucky and get the diagram. In that order of probability.

k. can do. Thanks. I can't ****ing add right now so I'll just send you one now and hope you remember.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
Quote by punkrocker10115
k. can do. Thanks. I can't ****ing add right now so I'll just send you one now and hope you remember.

That'll do the trick. I'll just make sure to check UG with breakfast tomorrow and I'll find a nice little reminder . Then I'll probably get sidetracked by something in the pit
ok did a little internet stuff that'll be about 6pm here and about 11am there.

wow. I feel retarded.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
I had to count on my fingers just to work out what the time would be here, let alone anywhere else.

I feel even more retarded.