Page 2 of 293
Quote by Broadsword
The acoustic break in Godhead's Lament is one of the greatest things ever. And if you believe otherwise, you fail.

And, Orchid>Still Life>Morningrise, the rest are dynamic for me, although Watershed and GR are probably near the bottom.

Being a modern rock person, I place Ghost Reveries at the top of my Opeth rankings, though I'm not completely acquainted with their entire discography yet. I've got bits and peices (which I intend to rectify very very soon).
Quote by HeavyMetaldude

Don't listen to broadsword

Well, that is basically 2 out of my top three... besides, only the tr00 fans can appreciate Orchid to it's full extent.
Quote by bassboy 999
Being a modern rock person, I place Ghost Reveries at the top of my Opeth rankings, though I'm not completely acquainted with their entire discography yet. I've got bits and peices (which I intend to rectify very very soon).

I have their whole discog. Trust me you'd like Still Life.

Everyone would like still life no matter what. I can't stop listening to the album. When I first listened to it I thought all the heavier songs sounded very similar but trust me I was mistaken :P

They are ****in awesome songs. I think Still Life is my favourite album, ever atm. And I've only been listening to them for like 2 months :P
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Get Morningrise and Still Life first.

Don't listen to broadsword

I'll get all three!
Quote by bassboy 999
I'll get all three!

But listen to still life first!

I have no idea what broadsword is? not an opeth album anyway :P
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Broadsword is the guy in here telling me to get Orchid. Still Life sounds really good, just by the name. Kind of like Images and Words from Dream Theater.
Quote by Broadsword
Well, that is basically 2 out of my top three... besides, only the tr00 fans can appreciate Orchid to it's full extent.

For sure.

And first the Fellation thread is closed, AND THEN the Chateth thread is closed? All in the same year?

I was hoping to at least break 20,000 posts in that one. =/
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by bassboy 999
Broadsword is the guy in here telling me to get Orchid. Still Life sounds really good, just by the name. Kind of like Images and Words from Dream Theater.

Yes. You are a good asian bassist from memory :P

obey my command and download still life now! And listen to every song 20 times.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by bassboy 999

If you like GR, you'd probably like BWP.

Anyway, new thread, so I'll repost the ranking...
BWP
MAYH
Still Life
Deliverance
Ghost Reveries
Morningrise
Orchid
Damnation

*waits to be cut up by Broadsword*
Quote by Xplozive

I have no idea what broadsword is? not an opeth album anyway :P

Korina: I can understand Orchid being low, but Damnation... last?
Quote by korinaflyingv
If you like GR, you'd probably like BWP.

Anyway, new thread, so I'll repost the ranking...
BWP
MAYH
Still Life
Deliverance
Ghost Reveries
Morningrise
Orchid
Damnation

*waits to be cut up by Broadsword*

Mine is probably

Still Life
MAYh
Deliverance
Watershed
GR
Damnation
Orchic
Morningrise
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Last edited by Xplozive at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by fallenangel20

For sure.

And first the Fellation thread is closed, AND THEN the Chateth thread is closed? All in the same year?

I was hoping to at least break 20,000 posts in that one. =/

Me too

How could anyone put Damnation last?
Ooh new opeth thread.

so i was listening to the damnation album when suddenly on itunes i click shuffle by accident and it goes to Patterns in the ivy and i did not notice at all it seemed to flow and go with the album.

..just realised I have bought the albums in a weird order.

I bought watershed first then blackwater park, still life, ghost reveries, damnation

I desperately need early Opeth.
it's so expensive here i'll have to order online at amazon or something.

NEED THEM ALL.
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14
Ooh new opeth thread.

so i was listening to the damnation album when suddenly on itunes i click shuffle by accident and it goes to Patterns in the ivy and i did not notice at all it seemed to flow and go with the album.

..just realised I have bought the albums in a weird order.

I bought watershed first then blackwater park, still life, ghost reveries, damnation

I desperately need early Opeth.
it's so expensive here i'll have to order online at amazon or something.

NEED THEM ALL.

I bought watersherd, GR, Deliverance & damnation. Not as weird as you. Those Still Life Re-masters sold out at my local JB very sad
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
i guess.

Quote by Xplozive
I bought watersherd, GR, Deliverance & damnation. Not as weird as you. Those Still Life Re-masters sold out at my local JB very sad

damn man.
the still life re-issue is 'gawjuzz'
really shiny and sheek.

*strokes cover with much love*

yeah i bought all my 'peth from JB
when they have Morningrise, MAYH or Orchid it's usually expensive as.

i'll buy them off teh webz.
and deliverance next time i'm there.
Last edited by Hendrix_fan_14 at Oct 2, 2008,

Lucky You. When I Saw the Still Life digipak I had no money on me. But I picked Deliverance up for $10. But the those other cds you mentioned I've only seen them for about $25 which isn't too bad I guess.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
yeah Damnation & Deliverance are $10 each.
new Opeth at my JB is $30 which is a lot to pay for a cd even if it is Opeth.
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14
yeah Damnation & Deliverance are $10 each.
new Opeth at my JB is $30 which is a lot to pay for a cd even if it is Opeth.

Hey i just noticed you have an awesome sig.
going to see opeth in a few weeks hopefully

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by HeavyMetaldude

Didn't we all :P
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Thanks Frenchy

Keep this one out of the bullshit, will ya?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by HeavyMetaldude

anyone who quotes anything from still life has an awesome sig.

I wish i was over 18.
Opeth were just here like 2 weeks ago or something
it was over 18 though.
Hopefully.

Is that why Magero got banned? And so soon after he just got unbanned. I wonder if he's perma'd now...

Regardless, it looks like I'm not going to seem them this time, due to time and money conflicts. Oh well, there's always a next time.
Quote by Kepulix
Thanks Frenchy

Keep this one out of the bullshit, will ya?

I don't have a choice. I'm on probation for 60 days.

So how many Opeth fans here are also fans of Porcupine Tree?
Im still wondering if I should go. I have the money, but I dont like going by myself.
Quote by HeavyMetaldude

I love 'em, also saw them from the first row this year in Ruisrock (and even got a pic with me on Finland's biggest newspaper 'cause of that hahha)

Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Opeth are far away from me right now.

I did'n't even know they were in Australia when they came.

How can you not know when Opeth is there!
Quote by HeavyMetaldude
I don't have a choice. I'm on probation for 60 days.

I am. Listenin to She's Moved On right now. I knew they were in Aus a while ago but I didn't listen to them at that time haha. Only been listening to them for about 2 months.

And Magero can be banned, I Don't care he's way to stuck up to have his own opinion to be honest :P
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
I have started to enjoy Orchid surprisingly lot lately. Even to that extent that it is becoming my favorite Opeth album alongside Ghost Reveries.
Quote by Xplozive
I am. Listenin to She's Moved On right now. I knew they were in Aus a while ago but I didn't listen to them at that time haha. Only been listening to them for about 2 months.

And Magero can be banned, I Don't care he's way to stuck up to have his own opinion to be honest :P

Even arrogant people have opinions.

One day Orchid will be my favourite album Broadsword, i'm sure of it. It just wont be any time soon. It will defenitely be my fave before Watershed (i dont think watershed will make it to #1 again)
I was just on the train home, there was a guy that looked exactly like Mendez, that was pretty cool.

On another note, I've been playing some of their old songs again, I forgot how much fun they are. Awesome melodic harmonies, fo real yo

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I never bothered to learn any old Opeth 'cause there's so many harmonies, was that decision a mistake?

As mentioned on the previous page i learned tBYF today. In some bits It was kind of boring with 1 guitar though so i tried to put 2 parts together. It worked out pretty well.

Anyway im off to the land of nod. Catch y'all later. Dont go spamming the thread up or you'll be banish-ed.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
I was just on the train home, there was a guy that looked exactly like Mendez, that was pretty cool.

On another note, I've been playing some of their old songs again, I forgot how much fun they are. Awesome melodic harmonies, fo real yo

Was he espanol. Because I guess Mendez Is spanish

PS Magero is too arrogant
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.