Page 4 of 293
Although I disagree with what you say. I'll defend to the death your right to say it...
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
yes, another chance to have the highest post count here! (excluding Slay of course)
so, my first order of business in the new thread...
Still Life>Morningrise
I freaked out when I saw that the Opeth thread was closed.....

So, I guess Deliverance is next in line for me? I have Damnation, MAYH, Still Life and Blackwater Park. I'm curious to what Orchid and Morningrise are like too....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^get Morningrise next, then Orchid (although Broadsword will probably tell you the other way around)
either way, i'd say get one of those next
Deliverance is good, but those two are better IMO
Which one has the Black Metal influence? That sounded pretty cool....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i'd say Orchid has a bit of bm influence, but the melodeath influence is more prominent
it has rawer production than the others (especially "Into the Frost of Winter") so there's a little bm sound there i guess
Quote by powerhead
I can't actually be jealous of that. I was watching Carcass on Saturday. They were orgasmically awesome as well hehe.

Dammit! Everyone's seeing Carcass except for me
Quote by BladeSlinger

So, I guess Deliverance is next in line for me? I have Damnation, MAYH, Still Life and Blackwater Park. I'm curious to what Orchid and Morningrise are like too....

i don't think you need deliverance just yet, especially if you have blackwater park. i would say get orchid or morningrise next so you basically have all the styles of opeth. me being me i would recommend orchid, but other will say morningrise. if you like epic get orchid though.
Quote by BladeSlinger

So, I guess Deliverance is next in line for me? I have Damnation, MAYH, Still Life and
Blackwater Park. I'm curious to what Orchid and Morningrise are like too....

Get Morningrise. You will not regret that decision.
Quote by Broadsword
A new one, righteous.

May I have the honor of being the first to state that Orchid > All other Opeth albums.

Seconded.
Shut up.

Not fourthed. Morningrise >= Orchid.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
yo WAAAT. ANOTHER Opeth thread? That's the 3rd one!
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by Amerikhastan
Setlist from Mondays Winnipeg concert
They also played about a 2 minutes of When and Face Of Melinda each, after Bleak when they were accepting 'requests'.

seeing that makes me wish there was an Opeth font you could choose on microsoft word. imagine every "O" being "the grand O"... i wonder what a lowercase "grand O" would look like.
I would go to the bathroom during TGC.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
for get that. TGC is sick
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
I might not even go to Opeth.

I have circuits lab until 5 that day and the concert is an hour and a half away in San Francisco, which will be SUPER busy on a Monday evening.

And I don't have a ticket.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Does this mean Masters Apprentice has been dropped from the set?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Holy...crap... Another new Opeth thread. Wow.

I love Hope Leaves...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
So I saw Opeth yesterday. It was orgasmic. It was the same setlist as the one already posted. I'll post some of the funny stuff Mikael said.

They did the 'guess the riff' game and the before the last one he said " If you get this wrong I will get naked, sit on the toilet and eat all the paper off the floor".

Before playing 'Hope Leaves' he said " This next song is a soft one so it might get us some action but all us metal gyus are ugly ****ers."

Near the end of the concert " Thank you all so much, we would **** you all if we could."

I'm probably forgeting some of the other funny things said. Mikael bent down to adjust one of his pedals and his ass was hanging out of this pants. I also got one of Fredrik's guitar picks .
Quote by darkstar2466
Shut up.

Not fourthed. Morningrise >= Orchid.

This battle has been waged since the dawn of time, and will be waged until time itself is destroyed.

As for now, Orchidddddd.

Regardless, I feel your pain, man, school interferes with Opeth-seeing as well...
Orchid>Mourning not by much though.

If I could request one song at a show, it would be Apostle in Triumph.
Quote by Broadsword
This battle has been waged since the dawn of time, and will be waged until time itself is destroyed.

As for now, Orchidddddd.

Regardless, I feel your pain, man, school interferes with Opeth-seeing as well...

Or atleast until Time is released since we all know that'll take forever.

But yes, Orchid FTW. In Mist She Was Standing has the most energizing intro I've heard. I remember how awesome it felt playing it properly for the first time. Not to mention how good The Twilight is my Robe and The Apostle in Triumph are.
I find most Opeth albums to be more enjoyable than Orchid.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I just can't see how GR,BWP,Watershed, D and D could be more enjoyable than Orchid. Morningrise, MAYH, Still Life are the only Opeth albums I can see getting close to Orchid's glory.
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by \Powerslave/
I just can't see how GR,BWP,Watershed, D and D could be more enjoyable than Orchid. Morningrise, MAYH, and Still Life are the only Opeth albums I can see getting close to Orchid's glory.

Fixed.
Quote by \Powerslave/
I just can't see how GR,BWP,Watershed, D and D could be more enjoyable than Orchid. Morningrise and Still Life are the only Opeth albums I can see getting close to Orchid's glory.

I think I prefer every album but MAYH to Orchid.

Also I love Morningrise a lot even though they're in similar veins.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by TheMantipede
Fixed.

Meant to put that in there .

Morningrise and Orchid are very similar. Morningrise seems to have a very progressive black feeling to it and moar cleans.
Wait while singing you mean? Or as in his amazing sense of humor? If it's the first one you're going to get beat savagely by Akerfeldt fanboys.
Thought so. I can't get over the comment he made about Axe's pants.

"Axe has a pair of pants. They look like a regular pair of pants. But, they smell like piss, shit,blood, cum, and vomit. And we're only 4 gigs into the tour..."
Quote by \Powerslave/
Or atleast until Time is released since we all know that'll take forever.
But yes, Orchid FTW. In Mist She Was Standing has the most energizing intro I've heard. I remember how awesome it felt playing it properly for the first time. Not to mention how good The Twilight is my Robe and The Apostle in Triumph are.

too true
on both counts actually
BMTC care to elaborate on your lack of Orchid love?
It just never stuck me as as awesome as the rest... I dunno.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?