Guys,

I'm looking to buy a new guitar, namely an Ibanez RGA321F . But I can't decide whether or not the Wizard neck would be too thin. At 20mm it's a good 10mm thinner than my Strat and helluva lot thinner than my LP (which will possibly be sold to fund the new guitar).

Anyone got experience of an Ibanez with a Wizard neck? I do prefer the neck on my Strat to the LP, but I've read comments saying the Wizard is uncomfortably thin. My guitar tutor had an RGA321 and he even let me hold it once, but this was way back when and I was just trying desperately not to drop it.

Obviously you can only provide your opinions, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
once you play one youll NEVER go back! holding a strat or tele now feels like you have half a baseball bat or rolling pin in your hand
Quote by jackblsdaniels
once you play one youll NEVER go back! holding a strat or tele now feels like you have half a baseball bat or rolling pin in your hand

If this were the pit I'd make some inappropriate joke about my penis

Srly, that worries me cause I wouldn't want the Strat to become redundant, since I just spent some cash fitting new pickups
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Go to a store and try it. You'll either love it or hate it, and most of that will depend on your personal preference.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
All they have is a few Ibanez guitars with Wizard II necks which are slightly different I understand, suppose I could have them order one in to try it out

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I dislike the LP neck, it's too 'chubby', s'great when you're riffing in one position but moving up and down the neck a bit less friendly

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws
I dislike the LP neck, it's too 'chubby', s'great when you're riffing in one position but moving up and down the neck a bit less friendly

'Tis worth a try then. RGA looks a lot cooler than the normal RGs if you get it too.
30mm? are you sure?

EDIT: regardless, you'd need to try one. other thing is, the rga121 is (as far as i'm aware- i haven't been able to try the 321) more or less the same thing, minus pickups and a fancy top, for a much lower price. might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love the Wizard necks, probably the best trick ibanez has up it's sleeve imo, at least when it comes to the lower end models.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
go try it at a music store, and one thing you should ask your self is how would a thinner neck suit my playing style? if youre into lots of position shifts and getting all the way up the fret board then a thinner neck is not a bad idea. also consider what gauge strings you use and what tunings you like, im not sure if the wizard necks are more succeptable to warping with heavier strings on, but if you tune down i dont think it will be a problem.
cheers, hopefully I'll try before I buy but I'm a impulsive and reckless bastard when it comes to guitars

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨