What bands can you name that have been through the 'get famous, get addicted to drugs and then quit drugs through rehab' process?

I'm sure there is alot out there
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
ok i'll start then

Metallica
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Slipknot
Korn (well head from korn)

Also points for whoever can list a band that continued to make good music after the rehab
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by saphrax
Ozzy

isn't he still on drugs? well atleast he looks it

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
isn't he still on drugs? well atleast he looks it

He did an appearance on Friday Night with Jonny Woss a while back.

He seemed sober and coherant at the time, like he was really clean. It was very nice to see actually.
Eric Clapton, he also continued to make successful music after rehab.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
ok i'll start then

Metallica
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Slipknot
Korn (well head from korn)

Also points for whoever can list a band that continued to make good music after the rehab

Slipknot & Metallica.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Mike McCready of Pearl Jam, missed a whole tour due to rehab around the No Code album.

Jimmy Chamberlain of The Smashing Pumpkins got booted out of the band due to drugs, missed an album (Adore), brought back for Machina after cleaning up.
guns and roses
slash's autobiography is pretty entertaining

and the chili peppers made californication and blood sugar both while athony kiedis had just done rehab.
99.9% of all the famous and "cool" 80s bands.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Hereforthebooze
Basically, amateurs.

Rehab's for quitter's, and no one likes a quitter.

You have to be pretty idiotic to have to have someone to tell you something you should already know.

werd ****ing quitters.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Mike McCready of Pearl Jam, missed a whole tour due to rehab around the No Code album.

Jimmy Chamberlain of The Smashing Pumpkins got booted out of the band due to drugs, missed an album (Adore), brought back for Machina after cleaning up.

And that led to the greatest grunge band of all time. Mad Season. Hell yeah.

Also Anthony from RHCP. And then again. And then again. And then again. And then again. I'm still waiting for the next relapse.
Quote by add_g
kurt cobain

Kurt never quit.

However, Elliott Smith went to a very unconventional and probably malpractice laden rehab. When he died, there weren't even any drugs in his system.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by fallenangel20
99.9% of all the famous and "cool" 80s bands.

ture!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure Miles Davis and John Coltrane also went to rehab.

And Cris Kirkwood from the Meatpuppets.

Oh, and when Brad from Sublime OD'd, that was his first time using heroin in a few months after going into rehab.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Oct 2, 2008,