Page 1 of 2
if money money wasn't a factor, and you were looking for the ultimate amp.... what is the baddest amp out?

peavey 6505, mesa triple rec, peavey xxx, peavey 5150, and marshall jcm 800 need not apply.
Engl Powerball
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
like the guy above me said.

ENGL Powerball
If I Was Chocolate I Swear I'd Eat Myself - Wesley Gibson (WANTED)
boutique custom amp.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Ghold125
Bogner Ubschall...
what type of metal are we talking about?

death, and straight up good 'ole american metal... lamb of god, metallica, obituary, and megadeath. an amp that rules best for drop tuning.
Quote by beelzebub101
death, and straight up good 'ole american metal... lamb of god, metallica, obituary, and megadeath. an amp that rules best for drop tuning.

err... umm

quite broad there...

for one, tallica and megadeth*** do not detune... well their classic shit anyways
for a full bogner uberschall stack it will run you $4,800.72 wtf!!!!!

i hear that amp owns just about anything out there...
Diezel Herbert.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Diezel herbert. Just stop there, you can get everything out of that flipping amp.
i thought the uberschall was the best for drop tuning. i have a friend of mine that's signed to major record label... he said the uberschall is bad ass but if you make any mistakes you will every little note through that amp. he likes the 6505 and the triple rec pretty good.
Quote by beelzebub101
i thought the uberschall was the best for drop tuning. i have a friend of mine that's signed to major record label... he said the uberschall is bad ass but if you make any mistakes you will every little note through that amp. he likes the 6505 and the triple rec pretty good.

Actually my playing sounds a ton better on the Uberschall. It was pretty forgiving from my personal experiances with it. But he is right you can hear every little note and nuance, but for me that makes me play better because I can hear what im actually playing. But I can see how it might be a pain for some.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by TheEsupremacy
James Peters Chimera.

www.petersamplification.com

This x9000.

Also, for my type of metal: Electric Amp Single channel MV.
no idea, there are a load of really nice ones. if money were no object i'd probably buy about 10 to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just posted this in another thread but this seems like a good thread to post it again.
What about Kerry King's signature Marshall JCM 800 amp? That amp SMOKES! It's totally flying under the radar and I have no idea why. It's very versitile and can do metal all night long. I'm honestly surpirsed more people don't talk about it. In that same light, what about a Marshall JVM?? That is the BEST four channel amp out there right now. It's VERY versitile also. The Marshall love has really seemed to have died off...
i liked the jvm i tried, but i've tried 4 channel amps i much prefer- engls, diezels, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i liked the jvm i tried, but i've tried 4 channel amps i much prefer- engls, diezels, etc. etc.

I meant the best four channel Marshall amp.
Nevermind, I got pwnd.
Quote by which ones pink
Once you get into the range of Diezel, Bogner etc., it's more about preference than how awesome the amp is. Personally, I'd go for a Soldano SLO100.

Agreed. Gotta be careful in recommending the SLO for high gain metal purposes though. To me, the SLO was a KILLER (if not the best) LEAD amp. Lesser so for rythems. When I hear the SLO I think 80's metal hair band tone. Not so much for like Kreator sounding purposes. A great amp though, very articulate.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
This thread needs moar old school.

I say the Peavey 5150.

That's always my answer for a great metal amp too, best of all it's affordable. You can even get a Fender Deluxe or Twin for cleans and still keep everything around 2K.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I just posted this in another thread but this seems like a good thread to post it again.
What about Kerry King's signature Marshall JCM 800 amp? That amp SMOKES! It's totally flying under the radar and I have no idea why. It's very versitile and can do metal all night long. I'm honestly surpirsed more people don't talk about it. In that same light, what about a Marshall JVM?? That is the BEST four channel amp out there right now. It's VERY versitile also. The Marshall love has really seemed to have died off...

I thought the KK JCM 800 was pretty cool, but the price they ask is too much imo.

And I've never really liked the JVM when I've played it (which is many, many times). It does cleans and mid gain alright, but I thought its high gain sound sounded like crap.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I thought the KK JCM 800 was pretty cool, but the price they ask is too much imo.

And I've never really liked the JVM when I've played it (which is many, many times). It does cleans and mid gain alright, but I thought its high gain sound sounded like crap.

+1

If im going to spend that type of cash on a hyped up marshall im just gonna go get a splawn..
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I meant the best four channel Marshall amp.
Nevermind, I got pwnd.

haha, isn't it the only 4 channel marshall?

Quote by which ones pink
Once you get into the range of Diezel, Bogner etc., it's more about preference than how awesome the amp is.

agreed.

Quote by TheEsupremacy
Agreed. Gotta be careful in recommending the SLO for high gain metal purposes though. To me, the SLO was a KILLER (if not the best) LEAD amp. Lesser so for rythems. When I hear the SLO I think 80's metal hair band tone. Not so much for like Kreator sounding purposes. A great amp though, very articulate.

i haven't tried the slo, but i've tried the avenger- i think cornford have it beat regarding lead tone, but then the flipside is that the avenger would do metal rhythms a bit better... as i said, preference and it depends what you want...

Quote by MatrixClaw

agreed, i liked its mid-gain tones more than the high gain ones. bit like a triamp in that respect...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
boutique custom amp.

This is what I'd do, personally.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I love my Framus Cobra. I mean absolutely adore it. I would definitely check out a Diezel VH4/Einstein though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Dream Pin
If money was no object, I'd be erock.

Ha ha! Me too! You must have seen his pics. Shhhweeet!
Quote by Dream Pin

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
bogner uberschall fvckn rules!!!! i jammed one today through a cheap b 52 cab and it still cranked like hell. i also tried the new engl limited edtion and a diamond spit fire. bogner totally owns!!!!
Krank, Laney, or Framus. . . imho, 6560+ aren't half bad either, they actually sound pretty good with some nice vintage speakers, like a Crate Red Voodoo cab.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by Dream Pin

come on, you guys have seen the rigs on HC, my setup is actually pretty tiny compared to most guys on that forum.

For what I've owned and played, the Herbert is the best metal amp for me so far. All preference though when you're talking about amps like the ones mentioned in this thread. I like the Uberschall a lot too, but for the sounds I was dialing from it, the Herbert does it better IMO. I'm pretty enamored with the XTC right now too. Still haven't tried the ENGL SE yet though.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Umm, Dave. . . just curious, even though it shouldn't technically count, how many channels does the Mode Four have though?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Mark IV
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Page 1 of 2