ok so i love the sounds im gettin out of the revalver software, but since my soundcard sucks i get some lag. and how do i record what i play while still using the peavey software's patches in it?

so basically i need to know which:-
1. soundcard
2. software

to buy... my budget for the soundcard is about $100 or so.... software it doesnt matter coz a friend of mine keeps buyin new software (gets it practically free more like it... software engineers are so damn lucky) and he probably has (or in an extreme case can get) whatever you recommend anyways.
is anyone alive here? or could a mod move this thread to the electric guitar forum?
There's plenty of helpful people in this forum , you just need to have a little patience.

For a soundcard, I suggest an external audio interface, which connects to your computer via USB. For $100 there's not a great deal you can get though. I'd suggest the M-Audio Fast Track for $100 from www.zzounds.com.

As for software, you'll need something which has vst support, so that you can use Revalver as a plugin. Reaper, Cubase, Sonar, anything of that nature.
There is poetry in despair.
Cakewalk Music Creator is like $40 and it's solid. It's an entry level version of Sonar I believe.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
The Fast Track USB is a popular choice but for a slight increase in price you can get the EMU 0202 which is a USB2.0 connected interface. The speed is faster than the M-Audio 1.1 USB device meaning less latency and I believe this EMU has a better preamp on board.

Cakewalk Music Creator is good in my book...anything under Cakewalk's name is haha
ok thx but is there any way i can just buy the e-mu one without the software bundle?? it would be cheaper then would'nt it?
and why are the reviews on most of these recording products low? and in some places one guy says its amazing, another says it sucks really bad. i dont get it.
Most online music stores have strange ratings and I personally don't follow them. Look them up at Harmony Central or on youtube to see if you like then, or better yet just try the 30 day download and see for yourself.

If you get the EMU on ebay you can get it alone but most stores will sell it with the software due to it being packed with that from the factory.
k thx. i tried recording some stuff using my gt 8 direct to my shitty sound card and i thought it sounded pretty decent... im gonna put it on my profile now... ignore the riff, tho.. i hit the rec button on audacity and then made it up as i went along. and im not very good at doing that so spontaneously, so...

EDIT: here it is... http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/jayeshrc/music/all/play429691

plz tell me how it sounds....
Are you using ReValver 3? Is it worth buying? I've saw some good things on youtube about it but still not sure
In my opinion Revalver doesn't sound as good as GTR. Check out iGTR (software only) on Musician's Friend. It's only $100.

DS
Made up statistic
There should be a folder inside the Sonar/ Cakewalk folder marked something like vst plugins. Drop Revalver.dll in there. Moody can take it from there, or work it out yourself inside the software, because I've never used Sonar.
There is poetry in despair.
k thx. yea its revalver 3.... i like it dude... i get an amazing metal sound from it atleast... just tweak it a bit. well ill try the gtr one too... never heard of it before...
cant find the igtr software anywhere... only the hardware device keeps showing up...
With this (if you order from the Waves website) you get GTR Solo free. At least I think they're still running that promo.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Waves-iGTR-Headphone-Amp?sku=482265

Here is the GTR Solo software (I typed iGTR for some reason, but this is what I was talking about):
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Waves-GTR-Solo?sku=482684
Made up statistic
well my aunt's bought the e-mu one... it'll arrive in 2 weeks or so... oh and what cable am i supposed to be using to conn my guitar to it? normal guitar cable? (but isnt that mono? how do i give it a stereo input?)
You'll use a normal guitar cable. It is mono instrument, but you can pan, duplicate, etc the recorded track to achieve a stereo effect if you desire. But your initial recording should be in mono.
Made up statistic