Poll: so you can cheat and you know you won't get caught, what do you do?
Poll Options
View poll results: so you can cheat and you know you won't get caught, what do you do?
cheat ftw!
65 36%
i would but i'd feel bad afterwards
17 9%
only if i really really needed to
62 34%
No way!
39 21%
Voters: 183.
Page 1 of 2
hey,

I had a test on Monday (which I ended up failing) but I could have cheated very easily and not got caught by looking at the person next to me's answer sheet.

What do you guys think of cheating if you know that you won't get caught?

EDIT: you studied but you just don't know the answer, and your sitting there in the exam and either you fail/do badly or you cheat
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Last edited by mrjimborinsane at Oct 2, 2008,
Actually knowing stuff will pay off eventually.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
I cheated in my physics prelim, I had a sheet of paper with all the equations written on it that I tucked behind the test. Easy as. Oh, and I knew a guy who wrote his French essay in his French dictionary in pieces all over the book, and tore out the bits he had written and ate them.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Not really cause it's more likely that I'm correct instead whoever I'd have cheated off of.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
You guys are pieces of garbage. If you don't want to learn, dont go to school. You are in school to learn so freaking learn the material and take the test. If you don't do go on the test look forward to the next one.

Oh yeah, as far as cheating in real life. Copying other peoples work is plagarism. They don't slap you on the wrist like at school. You will be sued. You will lose every thing that you have and get fired.

I guess it comes down to who you want to be. Do you want to better yourself by learning and improving your mind, or do you want to better the letter that the teacher writes on the page.

If you chose the latter, do us all a favor and drop out of school.
I don't care what anyone says, cheating in an exam is not condoned in my book. Cheating in exams is for losers. End of.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by seanbabs
You guys are pieces of garbage. If you don't want to learn, dont go to school. You are in school to learn so freaking learn the material and take the test. If you don't do go on the test look forward to the next one.

Oh yeah, as far as cheating in real life. Copying other peoples work is plagarism. They don't slap you on the wrist like at school. You will be sued. You will lose every thing that you have and get fired.

I guess it comes down to who you want to be. Do you want to better yourself by learning and improving your mind, or do you want to better the letter that the teacher writes on the page.

excuse me sir,

X-rays are showing something lodged up your arse, I believe its your head
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by mrjimborinsane
excuse me sir,

Mate, stop talking about yourself. A cheater is the lowest kind of being in existence. I fully agree with him - if you cheat, what are you doing in school? Do you think that in real life, the resolutions will just be handed to you? No - you do the work to your own credit rather than being pathetic to gain advantage that is not rightfully yours.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

do what i do... wear lose shorts and write the awnsers on ur leg lol.. or get an ipod and use the notes part
Quote by mrjimborinsane
excuse me sir,

Win.
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
Quote by Harmonius
Mate, stop talking about yourself. A cheater is the lowest kind of being in existence. I fully agree with him - if you cheat, what are you doing in school? Do you think that in real life, the resolutions will just be handed to you? No - you do the work to your own credit rather than being pathetic to gain advantage that is not rightfully yours.

The majority of the population cheat, get used to it, end of the day, being all 'perfect' gets you nowhere
All I am saying is that it is completely contradictary to pay money to go to school in the pursuit of knowledge, and then cheat, and therefore forfeit the knowledge that you should have gained.

I am sorry that I am steamed about this, but I believe that education is a virture, and that if you have the opportunity to better yourself, you should do it.

Complacency is a dangerous thing for not only you, but everyone around you.
Quote by seanbabs

Wow, only one internet white knight and he comes in late too. I was expecting several of these guys followed by a couple "This thread is spam *reported* lulz"
You're slacking UG, you're slacking big time.

To answer the thread, no not really. I could but then I feel guilty.
Quote by Harmonius

did you read what I wrote at the start of the thread?

I didn't cheat numbnuts!
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
I feel like I have a responsibility to kick against the walls.
Quote by Thepoison92
The majority of the population cheat, get used to it, end of the day, being all 'perfect' gets you nowhere

The majority of the population cheats...so that makes it alright to cheat in an exam? I, for one have my morals.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

What if you are in a field where everything you do is uncharted territory. ie. fuel cell research. Then you can't cheat. Nobody knows the answers. In areas where your work is to the benifit of society, in uncharted areas, you have to know your stuff. Good luck cheating in those situations.
Quote by mrjimborinsane
did you read what I wrote at the start of the thread?

I didn't cheat numbnuts!

Quote by mrjimborinsane

I know you didn't mate - I was making a comment, not on your part but on cheating in general. That is what you asked us to comment on, afterall, so I'd rather you not call me numnuts.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by Harmonius
The majority of the population cheats...so that makes it alright to cheat in an exam? I, for one have my morals.

I don't cheat in exams, and I definitely don't like people taking credit for my work...
Happened too many times...

Therefore, I was just pointing out that the majority of the population do it, you have to live with it.
Quote by Thepoison92
I don't cheat in exams, and I definitely don't like people taking credit for my work...
Happened too many times...

Therefore, I was just pointing out that the majority of the population do it, you have to live with it.

Quote by mrjimborinsane

He asked for an opinion mate, not whether we could just live with it. See quote above.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I cheated before, but only once. I felt bad ass because it was a hard ass test that I actually did study for and I could not understand it. Class was Advance Biology and its the hardest class that I have ever had. Its something that I actually don't really comprehend and get that well. In my school we have tablet pc's and how I cheated was just put in the question in google and went to the websites that described the answer. Was easy as fapping. But the majority of people do cheat, people don't like to admit it but if you can cheat with out getting caught then why not?
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by Harmonius
I know you didn't mate - I was making a comment, not on your part but on cheating in general. That is what you asked us to comment on, afterall, didn't you?

fair enough, sorry then

peace?

*extends big hug gesture towards Harmonius*

I kinda wish I had cheated, oh well, resit on tuesday, and I've got a big exam tomorrow which freaking out a big over. I can't stand failing another exam, I miss GCSE's/A-levels, so much easier than Uni.

I've even had to give up drinking 3 or 4 times per week and cut down to one. On the plus side I now have much more money, but whats the point if you can't spend it on alcohol...https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=16521703#
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
meh if they aren't putting in the effort to stop people from cheating teach them a lesson, they must want you to cheat. Its not like you can't do it out in the field or in your occupation or w/e
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by seanbabs
What if you are in a field where everything you do is uncharted territory. ie. fuel cell research. Then you can't cheat. Nobody knows the answers. In areas where your work is to the benifit of society, in uncharted areas, you have to know your stuff. Good luck cheating in those situations.

Someone else is more than likely to try and gain credit for your work though.
Cheat if you want. Don't feel bad about it. There is nothing to feel bad about. Just bare in mind that for exams that matter you won't be able to, so you need to learn stuff for them genuinely. Otherwise, cheat all you want.

Doesn't matter if you know you could do it if you tried. And there is nothing unethical about cheating on a test that means practically nothing, no one gets hurt.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Its kinda interesting how different peoples views can be. It seems like there is a line drawn and there is about how against, and half for. There are a few apathetics but I still find this kinda interesting. Not what I expected.
It's so easy to cheat at uni. I don't know why anyone wouldn't. There's no prize for effort.
Quote by smb
It's so easy to cheat at uni. I don't know why anyone wouldn't. There's no prize for effort.

my conscience would rape me for it
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by smb

The risk involved, I think, is far too great. Not only will you feel guilty (to some extent) but if you get caught for misconduct, you're potentially sabotaging your future as every employer will know.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Man går inte på Lunds universitet för att misslyckas... FFS!

You should have cheated.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Wigert
Man går inte på Lunds universitet för att misslyckas... FFS!

You should have cheated.

går du också här?

hehe, do you cheat?
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by Thepoison92

Yeah? And? So what? I'm not an idiotic leech who cheats because others do it. It's a cheap and low way out.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by mrjimborinsane
går du också här?

hehe, do you cheat?

No to the first question, no comment on the second. Why should you feel you've done something wrong when your future is at stake?
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
One final comment, then I'm off to class.

The reason I don't like cheating is as follows:

I believe this world kinda sucks. I also believe that it is each one of our responsibilities to make it better. I feel that knowledge is our main path to improving the way things are.

Better communications
Alternative energies
Cheaper goods

I just feel like it is all of our responsibilities to improve the way things are, which means going against the flow. I just think we should all learn as much as we are capable of and apply that knowledge to improving the lives of those around us.

Thats all, sorry if I offended anyone.
its not really the honest thing to do, if you dont know the answer just guess.

although, if its just a silly pointless test then just cheat for the fun of it
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Page 1 of 2