Ok I know a lot of people start these threads. I apologize now for it.

I am currently deployed, I have been teaching myself to play guitar in my spare time. I'm getting pretty decent. I am married and I have my leave coming up here soon and wanting to play some good "mushy" songs for my wife. Ya know letting her know I love her but still showing off kinda what I have taught myself. you could say to "woo" her. I would love to write my own song but I just can't put anything together that I end up liking, so while continue to try and write a song can you guys recommend me a couple to learn. Either acoustic or electric is fine, but not to hard. I can finger pick decently, got Stairway to Heaven down, not completely but the gist of it.

Also I would like the songs to be either guitarpro or powertab. I learn quicker from those

Thanks a bunch guys!!
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
Last edited by kOoL AiD2420 at Oct 2, 2008,
Plain White Tees - Hey There Delilah
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Are you the one I've been waiting for - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Chords are here on UG and you can look up the music video on Youtube to get the feel of the song.
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Swing Life Away - Rise Against
Wonderwall - Oasis
One Last Breath - Creed
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Patience - Guns N Roses
Closer to the Heart - Rush
I Remember You - Skid Row
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
Hard Luck Woman - Kiss
Dee - Ozzy Osbourne
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol ...easiest song ever
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hey thanks everybody. I forgot to mention I'm already gonna play GnR-Sweet Child O' Mine, her favorite song, I got it solo and all now. But the Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol seems like it might be a winner cause how easy it is just need to get the lyrics down.

Thanks for all the suggestions. If ya'll got some more keep 'em coming.
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal