Okay so I just bought an ax260 should be arriving next week, I am going to be putting a dimarzio X2N in it. I have a couple of questions as im not a seasoned guitar pro

firstly with regards to the pickup itself, for this particular guitar do i need an F spaced pup or standard spacing? I cant find any information on this particular guitar.. all I found was some forum posts saying 25.5" scale guitars usually use F spaced pups...

The other question is that this guitar comes with a coil tap, i understand a coiltap essentially switches off one side of the pickup, is this a bad thing? I know its used to produce a different sound but can this damage the pickup in any way? also can a coiltap be installed with any pickup?

Once I get the guitar I plan to have the pickup ready and it will be straight off to my local guitar shop to have the new pup installed and the guitar setup, if i could get some answers i would be greatly appreciative.

thanks
sorry in addition I wondered if someone has some more information on the coiltap, I dont exactly plan on using the coiltap, i play metal 100%. I would connect the coiltap if there is no negative effects from doing so.. otherwise id just get the tech to drop it with the new pup install.
A coiltap just changes your humbucker into a single coil.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
A coiltap just changes your humbucker into a single coil.

yeah i realize that, I was more wanting to know if there is any negative effects from having a coiltap
Ah ok, I have no idea, I have never used one. I wouldn't think so considering so many people use them.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
F spaced is Floyd Spaced I think, apparently it's different widths but it doesn't make /that/ much of a difference.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
yes, as I understand it standard spacing is the adopted gibson string spacing and F spacing is for fender spacing where the strings are further apart I believe.

I cannot find which pup type the ax260 takes ;o