Hey,

I'm on like day 34 of my 31 day trial of reaper and just last night I started getting a hiss coming from the program every 15 seconds or so. Wanted to verify that this is a feature of what it does when the timer expires - or if something else would be causing it.

I had read that you can use reaper indefinitely just with demo you have to look at the screen urging you to buy it whenever you load it.

I had tested a demo for the "flying haggis" virtual amp and it did the random hiss thing as part of the demo feature but it wasn't at regular intervals so not sure if the constant hissing is some bug with haggis (which I first unchecked, then removed as VST, then uninstalled from computer but STILL have the hiss!) or if its reaper.

The thing on reaper is it didn't start the day the trial expired... it's 3 days later o0

Not that I'm averse to paying $50 for reaper (altho 20 would be easier to swallow frankly), but I'd feel dumb paying and still having this hiss there because it had nothing to do w reaper at all!
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
I don't think that is a feature of it trying to make you buy it... maybe you should check all your cables/connections, microphones, and if you have a noise suppressor check it's batteries/if it's working properly. Maybe even replace the batteries in your dist. pedal...

Or it is even possible that you damaged your sound card from sending too loud of signals into it. What kind of sound card do you have in your comp.?
It seems more likely tht it has something to do with what that flying haggis program did... I was using it as a VST and this is something it does - random hisses.

I use a USB device so there is nothing going into my sound card other than what comes out after I'm done recording and listen to the .wav's or .mp3s. Also the hissing only happens when reaper is open so that would seem kind of odd if it was a sound card problem.

If no-one else has seen this before from reaper maybe I'll have to try an uninstall and re-install... my guess is that the VST plugin somehow corrupted something in the program making it constantly do the hiss at regular intervals...
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Definitely it is not Reaper, I have been using the demo for more than a year and still works without any issues. Try upgrading Reaper, that will pretty much do a reinstall and hopefully fix your problem.
Thanks, it was some kind of bug/hangover from the flying haggis program. Restarted computer and started a new file in reaper and hiss is gone. I kept trying to use the same file since that was the song I was working on, so I guess that file was just what got corrupted (hiss persisted even when I turned off the haggis vst and uninstalled the whole thing!)

Will probably buy reaper anyways at some point if I keep using it just to support the prog Not sure if you actually get anything more tho
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack