Hey whats goin on i have a marshall MG30DFX Combo and for some reason the other day the clean channel went out on me but the drive channel works and its sounds find with i turn the distortion all the way down to a clean sound ? does anyone know what causes that? and how to fix it?
Just get a better amp. MGs are known for having reliability issues, plus they sound crap compared to other amps in their price range.
Quote by blue_strat
Just get a better amp. MGs are known for having reliability issues, plus they sound crap compared to other amps in their price range.

I agree. I had a Marshall MG for a while and they are not good at all. Get a new amp you'll be glad you did. I know I am.
yeah i heard recently they arent th est but its not my main amp, just a practice...and im still woundering if anyoneknow how to fix somthing like that because i dont wana spend alot more money on a new one? any suggestions?
the thing with that is, its likely that it will cost so much to repair that you might as well just get a new amp anyway. thats the thing with these low quality solid state practice amps - they just aren't worth repairing, especially since its pretty likely something else on the amp will screw up and need repairing a few months later anyway.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Gettinbroady
yeah i heard recently they arent th est but its not my main amp, just a practice...and im still woundering if anyoneknow how to fix somthing like that because i dont wana spend alot more money on a new one? any suggestions?

Check out the Peavey Vypyr 30 it's only $200 and it'll probally cost $100 or more to fix the MG. I think my Vypyr sounds alot better than my MG did so you might like one too. Check the Vypyrs out you'll be glad you did.
Quote by Gettinbroady
since are on the sbject of fixngtigs does anyone know anythin aout effects pedals? or were to get them fixe

Same costs apply to fixing pedals, unless it's just a switch or a jack or something small.
Figure any kind of electronics diagnostic work is gonna cost a 1/2 hour to start. Thats for them to touch your amp/pedal and do a few tests. So figure 35 bucks to begin. After that will be the time for extra diagnostics if needed and the time for the repair plus parts. Dont see to many pedals getting fixed for this reason many times it is cheaper to buy one than to fix. SS is really cheap to build but a pain to fix. And they dont build em to be easy to replace parts on. And it is an MG so you could fix it this week and the next electric gremlin that plagues them shows itself.