So no matter how i try, i can't get a feedback like Slash (or lot of others). I am talking about the thing when the guitarist holds a note for a long time and the original note slowly become an octave higher feedback note.

My guitar is a Cort G260, i think that is can't be the problem. My amp is a Roland Microcube. When i am trying this i set the gain at max, the model at "Rfier" (this is the highest gain stuff in the mcube) the volume at really high and i am getting close to the amp. The open strings are feedbacking like hell (so i mute em with all of my available limbs ) but i can't get a feedback on the fretted notes.

Is it just luck in the studio? My amp sucks? Bad technique? All of them?
You're not going to get it with a Cube, simple as.

You only get that kind of rich, harmonic feedback from a tube amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Or with the Marshall MG.

In my profile there is a funny cover of Sweet Child that was done as a joke. Didn't even bother to learn the song all that perfect.

Used the Marshall MG and a Gibson Les Paul
Thats a halfstack only thing. Dont even try with a small combo amp.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by ZeBubba!

No it isn't - its simply about volume.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Thats sad, i am a freshmen at an University, i am pretty far from a tube amp now.
FYI - you could always buy a Boss Feedbacker pedal. It was sold two ways - as the Feedback/Distortion and Distortion/Feedback - there is no difference.

You can use it as a distortion pedal and also you hold the pedal down and it "feeds back" until you lift your foot off the pedal.

I have a few of these and they work pretty good.
how long ago did boss do those?
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Well, I have no idea when they stopped making them but I would have bought my first one in maybe 1988 or 89.
Quote by SenorSmiley
FYI - you could always buy a Boss Feedbacker pedal. It was sold two ways - as the Feedback/Distortion and Distortion/Feedback - there is no difference.

You can use it as a distortion pedal and also you hold the pedal down and it "feeds back" until you lift your foot off the pedal.

I have a few of these and they work pretty good.

If my memory serves me well, i have read somewhere that the pedal you talking about is not build anymore/rare/both. Maybe i am wrong.

+1 question: A distortion pedal and a MicroCube can't be a good couple, are they? (im thinking about that the cube is a modeling amp and those amps have issues with pedals)
Quote by SenorSmiley
Or with the Marshall MG.

In my profile there is a funny cover of Sweet Child that was done as a joke. Didn't even bother to learn the song all that perfect.

Used the Marshall MG and a Gibson Les Paul

...and there's a nasty, ratty quality about the distortion that pretty much sums the MG up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

For better or worse, that's the sound. Mr Seagull, please post a clip of your amp so I can compare.
I'm not sure what it is about you today Senor, but why is every thread you make about the MG and that damn cover of Sweet Child of Mine!?

"You can only get that from a tube amp"
"Or a Marshall MG"
what so an MG is different from every other solid state?

Now to add to the topic, you CAN get feedback from an SS amp, though it's usually pretty bad uncontrollable feedback. It's all about the volume baby.
If you have a solid state amp get a nice BF-2.

Ninja, you can get nice feedback through a solid state amp. If you ever get the chance to check out any John Fogerty's 'Premonition' DVD he shows this with an old Kustom amp.

I own a Kustom amp and it feedsback really nice. All solid state.

If you have a solid state amp and want the sound described above check out the Boss pedal I mention. It was designed to do exactly what you want. It's not a great distortion sound, but it wors great for the feedback thing.
I didn't say you couldn't feedback through an SS I've done it with some SS amps I've owned, but you can't get that sweet sounding feedback that, say, Ted Nugent gets when he does it on stage with his Peavey 6505s.

And that pedal is hard to find, so it'd cost a pretty penny when you do find it.
I have a bunch of those pedals and I think they were expensive back in the day and now pretty cheap. I also had an older Rickenbacker amp and it fed back really nice.

Check out the Forgerty thing and you'll see what I mean.

Here is a good tip for you if you're on a budget. Sometimes there are pieces of gear that are sleepers. If you see them at Store A they may be really expensive but it's possible to keep looking and find them cheap on ebay or Store B because not everyone is hip to how good they are.

A lot of Boss pedals are like that. Some are valuble - like the Slow Gear but some are just really good like (not telling).

Another great sleeper is the Fender Prosonic amp. It was designed to by Bruce Zinky (Dr. Z) and was made to be an AC-30 clone. I bought one for $350 and see them going for between 250 - 2000 depending on -where you look- so keep your eyes open people
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Oct 2, 2008,
You serious about them being cheap?
Cos, as a pedal that wasn't going for very long, quite a while ago, that's relatively rare, doesn't seem like the kinda thing to be going cheap.
Ninja,

I am being dead serious with you right now.

Just becasue something is old or rare doesn't mean that it's expensive. I know I bought one of these about a year/year and a half ago on ebay. I doubt I paid more then $50.00 for it.

The reason I say that is while I don't use many pedals I do collect old Boss and DOD pedals as kind of a hobby.

Every couple months I go on ebay and just place a bid of 56.99 on about 10 or 20 pedals that fit the above. Yes, I know it's too much to pay for these, but I collect them and it's fun for me.

Usually I win about 90% of what I was bidding on and add to my collection. If this sold for more then that I would not have bought it.

When I was a kid, DOD pedals came with a fold out catalog with all their pedals and I always wanted to have all of them. Since they go for so cheap I started collecting them a while back.

I do the same thing with Boss based upon a little book that Boss used to make.

The BF-2 is the type of pedal that may go for a lot of money (I honestly don't know) but if you keep looking you have a good chance of finding one cheap.

I have a CE-1 in my profile that I got for $100.00 and it still has the plastic on the bottom. I looked for about a year for one and saw them go for stupid money.
i know what you mean TS. back when i had my Squier strat and microcube i tried to get the feedback that kerry king gets on "Dead Skin Mask" intro. just set you cube to rectifier mode with gain all the way up. i won't tell you that i got it everytime, more like a hit and miss. sometimes i nailed the feedback, sometimes i failed. good luck though
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by ZeBubba!

You already said that.

No it isn't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

you can get sweet feedback out of a solid state amp, hell i know a guy who did it with a modified fender strat and a line 6 spider 2 150watt
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I think you can get something similar with a sustainiac pickup? It has a mode that will make the note its harmonic fifth or something. Im not too sure.