I've never had a trem go drastically go out of tune on me so I've never had to tune one. All I know is that I cannot tune this without it fcking up.
It's an...actually i don't know what it is but it's like a strat trem - not like a floyd.

It's seriously p!ssing me off haha.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by adr11iano
an electric guitar tuner..

Oh CLEVER. Yes, a tuner is just the thing to sort my problem, thank you!

Gtfo.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

You have to keep tuning it over and over. Every time you raise tension on one string, it's going to reduce tension on all the others. Every time you tune it, they'll all get closer to where they should be, and eventually be close enough.

This is why I disabled my trem.
Okay, you guys, I can tune a guitar, I have played for years. The PROBLEM is that the bridge is pulling up by the time I get to the top E and all the rest of the strings are out of tune.

Stop f*cking trolling.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Yngwi3
Okay, you guys, I can tune a guitar, I have played for years. The PROBLEM is that the bridge is pulling up by the time I get to the top E and all the rest of the strings are out of tune.

Stop f*cking trolling.

take it easy there hot shot. you could of said that in your original post. have you checked the springs to make sure they are not really loose? that may cause a problem with the bridge, i believe.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
ummm you turn the tuning pegs until you are tune? make sure you have a tuner handy to get it correct. duh.

edit: remember, tighten the strings to go up in pitch, loosen them to go down in pitch.

hes not thick

read what he said in his post at the beginning of the thread
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Make sure your strings are properly stretched. Lubricate the strings at points of contact at the bridge and nut. The trem will ALWAYS make your other strings go out of tune unless it is locked or set up perfectly. Especially if it is floating.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Id check the springs on the trem to be sure theyre at the proper tension. They may need to be replaced. Other than that, I dont know
Quote by Skierinanutshel
take it easy there hot shot. you could of said that in your original post. have you checked the springs to make sure they are not really loose? that may cause a problem with the bridge, i believe.

If I wanted to know how to tune any old guitar, I woldn't have mentioned the fact that I have a trem. Yes, I have checked the springs, they're not loose, I think I need to add a spring if anything.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Make sure your strings are properly stretched. Lubricate the strings at points of contact at the bridge and nut. The trem will ALWAYS make your other strings go out of tune unless it is locked or set up perfectly. Especially if it is floating.

... It's not a floating bridge...
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Now now calm down everyone

If you are experiencing problems and you think you have tried everything maybe take to a tech? They can sort it out for you.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Now now calm down everyone

If you are experiencing problems and you think you have tried everything maybe take to a tech? They can sort it out for you.

DIY. Dont ever pay for anything you can do yourself. gtfo
Quote by Yngwi3
How the F*CK Do I Tune A Trem?
I've never had a trem go drastically go out of tune on me so I've never had to tune one. All I know is that I cannot tune this without it
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thank you SYK.
I know I was getting pretty eggy, but I had just got the guitar, and I wanted to do nothing else but play it. I thought that giving info on the trem would have made it clear enough that that's what I was having problems with.
I added another spring, and the trem isn't flat but it is in tune.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Yngwi3
Thank you SYK.
I know I was getting pretty eggy, but I had just got the guitar, and I wanted to do nothing else but play it. I thought that giving info on the trem would have made it clear enough that that's what I was having problems with.
I added another spring, and the trem isn't flat but it is in tune.

Add full 5 springs if necessary. If you did it already, tighten the screws of the plate that hold the springs until the bridge keep flushed to the body.

BTW, what string's gauge are you using?.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I thought the trick was to tune each string slightly sharp on first pass, then retune. I'm not sure if that helps your current situation. Do the strings line up evenly? Does your neck need adjustment? Intonement? I'd take it to a tech if you're still having problems after trying all the above.
I don't know what string gauge I'm using, but I would hazard a guess and say that they feel like .10's - it's a 7 string btw.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace