whoa that's really funky looking. Is that bigsby arm made out of mother of pearl or something lol?

Awesome
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Bloody hell, that paintjob makes my eyes go freaky!

Where the hell do you get all the money for this?! We're going through a credit crunch!

Anyways, nice guitar, I like Gretsch guitars, they play ace.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
No, the wrapping is still on the bigsby.

It is a Pearl Jet that is NOS. I had never seen one and the first run they only made a few. The only person I ever saw with one was Robin Zander inside a CD a few years back.

I think they do a new one like this now.
Quote by SenorSmiley
No, the wrapping is still on the bigsby.

*feels dumb*
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
i'm used to people saying this to me and now i have an excuse to say it to someone else instead -

Don't you have enough guitars already?

Anyway, nice purchase. Not sure i like the finish but i bet its a really nice guitar
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Sure, my collection will be complete when I buy one more.

That's what I tell Mrs. Smiley.

heh, i used to say that to my parents. now they've just gone beyond caring because its my own money i'm spending, although they are bugging me to shift all my gear up to my bedroom which involves a massive cleanup which has been going on for about 2 months now... which is fair enough really. might have to sleep on the floor when it is achieved, though (you probably think most of my guitars are crap )

So how many guitars do you have? (if you're not entirely sure, estimate )
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I actually spend a lot more recording equipment then I do on guitars. I have a lot of stuff I haven't taken pictures of or that's packed away.

I sold off a lot of stuff a few years back when I bought my new home but everything I have gets played with the following exceptions:

1- Elliot Easton Kramer Prototype hand built by Tom Anderson (it's lefty)
2- Rory Gallagher Strat - total POS guitar. I bought it because it was a cheap Fender CS guitar and maybe someday will be worth something
3- Chet Atkins acoustic - sounds ok but I only use it once in a while.
4- PRS Custom 10 top with birds - worst sounding guitar I own - next to the Rory Strat.
Quote by Gregoric
whoa that's really funky looking. Is that bigsby arm made out of mother of pearl or something lol?

Awesome

looks like theres just a wrapper over it
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
That's the finest looking gretsch I've ever seen! Congrats man. How does she play?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Thanks.

I'll be honest, it plays like a Grestch, which means it plays worse then a Gibson or Fender. For some reason Gretsch never has seemed to be super high quality but they look and sound cool and at the end of the day that's worth something.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Thanks.

I'll be honest, it plays like a Grestch, which means it plays worse then a Gibson or Fender. For some reason Gretsch never has seemed to be super high quality but they look and sound cool and at the end of the day that's worth something.

Well, I have to admit I've only played one Gretsch in my life, which was one of the newer Brian Setzer models, but I did thoroughly enjoy it.

Anyway, that's a pretty hip looking guitar
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Lil Macker
Bloody hell, that paintjob makes my eyes go freaky!

Where the hell do you get all the money for this?! We're going through a credit crunch!

Anyways, nice guitar, I like Gretsch guitars, they play ace.

Those of us that don't carry balances on our credit cards are not going through a credit crunch
that sick man the colour is amazing

i played an orange one at my local Long and Mcquade just like that, but it was pretty cheap like 600 only. I was really surprised it played really well. I didnt think id like it but it felt way better than any ibanez or lower end gibsons (or any metal guitar :P)that i played there.

Everyone that walked in the store picked it up i guess cuz it was bright orange lol

how much did that guitar run you man?
Quote by SenorSmiley
$2700.00

Damn that's pretty high considering list is $2800. Isn't it the G6129TL?
That's a nice looking guitar. I'm really digging the Bigsby too.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by SenorSmiley
nope. this one is not the cheapo new one. its nos and they made 75 of these in the first run

Ok gotcha. Would you mind putting up some more photos, because I'd love to see a closeup of that trippy finish. The fret and inlay work looks immaculate too...
sure. ill post some soon. If you go to Wildwood I think they still have the pics up as well
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Oct 2, 2008,
Wow i love it! Very unique. That axe will definitely draw in some eyes at your gigs.
Congrats on your new sex machine.

██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
im jacks erect penis...( sorry... just finished seeing fight club again)

that is one SEXY guitar... and one of the most eye catching paintjobs ever.... great catch...

if i ever saw that thing i would buy it in a heartbeat
thanks - like I said, it's not paint it is plastic like on a sparkle jet. It is the same stuff they use on their drums.
ooooohhh.. no i get it... still its damm nice!

and i felt like this needed to be quoted:

Quote by SenorSmiley
I actually spend a lot more recording equipment then I do on guitars. I have a lot of stuff I haven't taken pictures of or that's packed away.

I sold off a lot of stuff a few years back when I bought my new home but everything I have gets played with the following exceptions:

1- Elliot Easton Kramer Prototype hand built by Tom Anderson (it's lefty)
2- Rory Gallagher Strat - total POS guitar. I bought it because it was a cheap Fender CS guitar and maybe someday will be worth something
3- Chet Atkins acoustic - sounds ok but I only use it once in a while.
4-PRS Custom 10 top with birds - worst sounding guitar I own - next to the Rory Strat.

wow... i played that guitar in a local shop and it felt like heaven covered in cookie dough... well different tastes make the world interesting