So, I'm going for an interview tomorrow at my local record store. It's only a weekend job but I'm wondering how I should dress. I was thinking of wearing smart jeans and a shirt. Anyone got any tips about how to handle interviews? Thanks.
That's probably your best choice. If you go for formal trousers they'll probably think you're an idiot. Just go with the flow man, don't act too cocky or arrogant but don't not say anything...
Make up some responses to questions the interviewer might ask beforehand, so you're ready if they do. Be calm, and if you can pull it off, be funny.
This sig is
Bring your breasts.

Got no breasts? Well, then you can **** off out the service industry

yuh huh
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Make up a CV as you go along. Expand in detail how you were part of the Leadership team involved in the pneumatic elephant tongue experiment, and your skills in exploding the aforementioned device at high speeds. Wear a Batman outfit, and to every other question answer "BATMAAAAAN! denenenenene nenenenene BATMANNN!".

Yes. Just, Yes.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Last edited by J-B at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by Rasta Dogg
Make up some responses to questions the interviewer might ask beforehand, so you're ready if they do. Be calm, and if you can pull it off, be funny.

Lol. Hopefully I should have some good answers ready because I'm passionate about music so I don't have to make stuff up. It's actually the shop that I bought my first album from that got me into music which is pretty cool.
Just wear jeans and a solid colored shirt. Its probably not going to be hard to get the job at all.
I'm a hiring manager at my job so here is some advice. Unless the people there wear jeans as part of the uniform do not wear jeans in the interview. My suggestion, wear slacks, dress shoes and a button up long sleeve shirt. You might feel like a moron but, it will show them that you care and that in and of itself will set you apart from about 98% of the people that they interview. Whether or not you would ever dress like that on your own this will give you a head start in the interview.
never wear jeans to an interview, never. always wear a shirt, smart black trousers and a tie. if you want you can wear a blazer but it probably isnt necessary. its much better to be over dressed than under dressed
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Thanks will4287 and thedudemeister. There isn't a uniform to wear at the shop. I suppose it's better to look smart and look like you care. I guess I'll wear my smart black trousers, shirt and smart black shoes.
ok, try and find a cheap, decent tie somewhere. if you dont have one borrow one of your dad/brother etc. or go out and buy one.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by irnbrurules
I was thinking of wearing smart jeans

Who the hell wears trousers to an interview?!
Quote by thedudemeister
ok, try and find a cheap, decent tie somewhere. if you dont have one borrow one of your dad/brother etc. or go out and buy one.

The guy on the phone said the interview wasn't formal. I just need to make a good impression not dress like I'm going to a wedding or something. Cheers for the advice though.
Quote by irnbrurules
The guy on the phone said the interview wasn't formal. I just need to make a good impression not dress like I'm going to a wedding or something. Cheers for the advice though.

its ok dude
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Rasta Dogg

Do this. I had an interview and as part of it I had to choose an item for a 50-year old man who likes golf with a limit of £50 (With a load of other people.) When we all got back to pitch it to the interviewers, everyone else had like, golf socks and instructional DVDs and stuff and I had a shirt, tie and waistcoat and part of my pitch was "I'm sure by now he's sick of all the golf presents.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Do this. I had an interview and as part of it I had to choose an item for a 50-year old man who likes golf with a limit of £50 (With a load of other people.) When we all got back to pitch it to the interviewers, everyone else had like, golf socks and instructional DVDs and stuff and I had a shirt, tie and waistcoat and part of my pitch was "I'm sure by now he's sick of all the golf presents.

Did you get the job though?
Quote by meh!
Bring your breasts.

Got no breasts? Well, then you can **** off out the service industry

yuh huh

um seriously who wears jeans to an interview, you do want them to think your serious right?

just wear some dress slacks and a button down, no tie required. be polite, don't say uh a lot and be sure to make eye contact, but don't stare them down.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Quote by ntchode
um seriously who wears jeans to an interview, you do want them to think your serious right?

just wear some dress slacks and a button down, no tie required. be polite, don't say uh a lot and be sure to make eye contact, but don't stare them down.

It's my first ever interview. Yeah I'm gunna wear smart clothes now anyway.