im looking into getting a muliti effects pedal that can play everything from death metal to classical (ok maybe not that extreme but you know) and i dont want to spend more than $250. im a metal head so thats what i'm really looking for is a great pedal to screw around and play in the basement with.

thanks for any and all help
I have a Boss ME-33 and its not bad. Not really good either. Multi effects are junk. I suggest you get one, figure out what effects you like, and then take it back and buy the pedals separate.
Nice guitar btw i have one myself.

For the money u want to spend i would suggest some kind of Zoom pedal, i have the GFX-707 and its great for playing metal, heavy rock, and the classic stuff and is great for me cos i mostly play in the house or in my friends outdoor hut with my band because there is plenty of sounds on it. But other than that there is some good Digitech and Boss multi effects i have heard but i dont know their exact names.
Zoom G2.1u

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Digitech RP-250 or Boss ME-50 are other alternatives, Id go for the Zoom though

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Zooms and Digitechs are horribly digital pedals.
Boss ME-50 and ToneWorks AX3000G are less digital sounding.

In all, MFX pedals are bad.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I'd recommend a G-Sharp for your modulation/delay/reverb and a TS-9 for distortion. If you buy the TS-9 used, you'll have enough left over for a floor controller for the G-Sharp.

But on a more important note, what amp are you using?
thanks for the help but i just played with a digitech gnx3000 and i love it. i'm playing a Schecter Damien 6 FR and i'm picking up a Peavey Vypyr 75 within the next 2 weeks. i know MFX pedals arent the greatest but its just for me at home and i want a single pedal instead of 5.but thanks for the input i appreciate it.
No. You don't want to put a digital modeler in front of a modeling amp. It sounds bad.

Don't judge me.
Quote by der_meister_08
thanks for the help but i just played with a digitech gnx3000 and i love it. i'm playing a Schecter Damien 6 FR and i'm picking up a Peavey Vypyr 75 within the next 2 weeks. i know MFX pedals arent the greatest but its just for me at home and i want a single pedal instead of 5.but thanks for the input i appreciate it.

isn't a foot switch coming out for the vypyrs so you can control all the fx with it?
yeah but ive found out that i dont want a modeling amp so are there any around that price that would go good with the gnx3000?
i just read a few reviews on the peavey bandit 112 and i think i like it. what would you guys say? oh and i'm obviously not the most knowlegdable person on here so sorry try not to mess with me too bad lol just lookin for some help.
If you don't want a modeling amp, then feel free to buy the bandit. It's not great, but that GNX3000 is bad, too. You aren't listening very well, so you can't expect to get anymore good advice.

Don't judge me.
actually i said that i WAS going to get a MFX peddle and i really dont care what you think of them just wanted any recommendations for a good one. if you wanted to bash them then start a new thread and do that because i wasnt asking for it. now with that i think we are done and i am getting the amp and peddle. thank you for any and all advice.

thread closed
And I gave you a recommendation for a good one, but you didn't listen. People told you their opinions. This thread was completely unnecessary.

Don't judge me.