I am planning on buying an Epiphone G400 and doing it up, and one of the things I'd like to do is fit a B5 Bigsby vibrato to it. Do I need to buy a new bridge for it, such as this one http://

or can i just fit it on top of the current bridge?

I own an Orange Amp.
Fuck aye Dai.
you should be able to use your existing bridge (the part the strings go over) with that. you may want to get a roller bridge, though. something like this

i don't know if that answers your question or not, re-reading your first post. that bigsby will replace your old tailpiece (the part the strings first go through) and it will require some modification, but not a lot.
Last edited by CapnMudGuru at Oct 2, 2008,
u can use the original TOM bridge just remove the tailpeice and replace with bigsby, a roller bridge is favourable but you don't have to have one