First of all, my apologies for the first half of the title, I was just looking for an excuse to use that word

The second half is pretty much dead on, though, as I do have an awesome new guitar:

The Vigier Excalibur Indus:

-DiMarzio pickups
-textured black finish (with a cool blue line around the tremolo cover and the scratchplate)
-10/90 neck system
-zero fret
-maple neck, rosewood fretboard and 24 frets
-Vigier's own tremolo system (which uses ball bearings instead of knife edges)
-locking tuners
-a five way switch and tone+volume controls
-handmade in France

Essentially, it's awesome!

The pics are a bit dodgy, since the weather didn't allow for any pictures to be taken outside, but I'll try and get some good pics tomorrow.

And a guitar+dog pic:

(sorry for the slightly creepy eyes :p
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I saw the thread title, and thought "it's about the tenth new guitar day today, but with that title it should be good" then I noticed it was you getting it and thought "I know it'll be good" then I saw the word "Vigier" and cracked straight on

It looks great, how's it playin'?

I'm not usually a fan of black but that is looking pretty snazzy.
Very pretty, how much did that set you back?!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
looks good, never even heard of vigier but still looks good.
Quote by aaciseric
Theres a chav revolution brewing in my area, hopefully my personal hygiene, sobriety, long hair and GnR albums can protect me for some time.
Looks pretty slick, whats the point of that 0 fret? not knockin it or anything, just curious
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
zero fret helps with intonation. It also helps with spacing and the sound of an open string sounds a bit more like a fretted note.

A lot of Mosrites and Gretsches have these. Some Steinbergers have this as well.
Quote by Devix_SG
Looks pretty slick, whats the point of that 0 fret? not knockin it or anything, just curious

Here's a simple drawing:

From Vigier's site:

"A zero fret has always been fitted on all of our instruments. This slightly higher fret’s role is to even open or fretted string notes, ensure perfect string height, minimize string friction and help avoid detuning, especially when using the tremolo. Now, thanks to new technology, we’ve been able to harden it so it lasts longer and make it removable so it’s easier to replace if needed."

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I saw the thread title, and thought "it's about the tenth new guitar day today, but with that title it should be good" then I noticed it was you getting it and thought "I know it'll be good" then I saw the word "Vigier" and cracked straight on

It looks great, how's it playin'?

I'm not usually a fan of black but that is looking pretty snazzy.

It's amazing; the neck profile is about the same as on my other Vigier (thinner than Fender, thicker than Ibanez); it's incredibly smooth and fast.

The bridge works like a charm and stays in tune just fine. Just for good measure, here's a
pic:

Normally I'm not such a fan of black guitars, either, but this particular finish does look pretty sharp; the blue edges are a nice touch, too
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 2, 2008,
Very interesting, thanks guys
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ah, I thought those blues edges were just the lighting, that looks even better than I originally though
You better have fun with that thing!

I'm pretty sure I will

Quote by Devix_SG
Very interesting, thanks guys

Quote by TokaiRocker2000
looks good, never even heard of vigier but still looks good.

Check out www.vigierguitars.com
That zero fret thing is pretty interesting, congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
That zero fret thing is pretty interesting, congrats!

Thanks

The zero fret is pretty cool, just like the carbon fiber strip replacing the truss rod.
second vigier there huh they must be good
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
That is so slick. The flat black with the blue trim on the scratch plate is really killer, it's all "murdered out" as the gangstas say.

I really like this one. Generally it's a simple looking guitar but it's really decked out with some nice features. The 0 fret, locking tuners, and viger trem all look extremely nice.

But I always like your guitars
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
lucky begger! Vigier are gorgeous guitars, congrats!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by nido
Congas !
Vigier's are considered the dream of the crop

Edit: should have read thread :LOL

Quote by Joeval
lucky begger! Vigier are gorgeous guitars, congrats!

thanks

Quote by 666_Pounder
You lucky ****er, I love Vigier guitars.

Quote by thefrigginbob
That is so slick. The flat black with the blue trim on the scratch plate is really killer, it's all "murdered out" as the gangstas say.

I really like this one. Generally it's a simple looking guitar but it's really decked out with some nice features. The 0 fret, locking tuners, and viger trem all look extremely nice.

But I always like your guitars

Thanks, it would be cool in yellow, too, but the black does give it a pretty classy look

Quote by gstacey1
second vigier there huh they must be good

They are

If you ever have the chance, give them a try.
Does this mean that you are retiring your applehorn? Don't want to smear that gilbert signature
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
Does this mean that you are retiring your applehorn? Don't want to smear that gilbert signature

The great thing about textured finishes (like on the Applehorn) is that they preserve signatures quite well .

It's going to be many years before my Caparison can even start to look forward to retirement