whats the diffrence wich one has the edge.
Id like to think i play punk with a little bit of classic rock, i also want a good clean channel.
I dont want a brittle sound on distortion, and i want something that can do cleans, to meduim distortion to all out balls to wall.
IF one amp dosent have an edge on another in a certain area id be willing to buy pedals.
thanks
Last edited by THEKID546 at Oct 2, 2008,
Personal preference really, try them both out if you can and judge the tones.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Glad to help

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Sorry, had to comment on this thread, as it made me titter.

As Chrisiphone said, trying them yourself is always the best way, but if you provide some more details on your style then the good people here will be able to give you more of an insight as to which one might suit you better (or even possible alternatives)
mark3s are more marshally....the dual reverbs are more modern...i own a 4101 dual reverb and it kicks ass...better cleans and better hard rock/metal tone than the mark3...a mark3 is basically a very souped up jcm800 with a more trebly feel.

in short dual reverbs for more metally modern music and mark3s for old school rock.
TO me it sounds like a JCM800 would be a better choice in any case... Or the MK 3 if you go 900.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
ive owned ever 900 there is - by far the best is the MKIII - it just has that Marshall ballsy sound over the other ones.
The 100w is also a lot tighter and cleaner feeling even though you have to crank it a bit more (only 1-2)
The 50w 4102's are the worst imo

But check the valves!!!!
The MK3's are only good with the EL34s

Thats why the newer ones have that modern edge but sound fragile and too clean - they have 5881s