Often, you need to beat respect into them
151 17%
Rarely, sometimes it is necessart
455 51%
Never, who hits a child?!
287 32%
Voters: 893.
Page 1 of 13
What does everyone think of this age-old contraversy, of beating your child? By beating I obviously mean light punishment, meant more as humiliation than pain, rather than full on drunken clobberings.

I personally find it hard to make up my mind on the issue, with both sides having valid arguements, eg Children have less and less respect for authority nowdays and they need to be taught it is wrong to disobey people in higher authority than you, but then again violence only begats more violence, if the children are taught that violence is an acceptable method for dealing with behaviour they don't like then that'll hardly make them grow into decent human beings will it, eh?

Discuss
Poll is incoming.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Last edited by Encyclopedia at Oct 2, 2008,
Yeah, why not.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Parents who beat their kids must not have been beaten enough as kids to know it's wrong to beat your kids.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I was disciplined in a similar way, I am not a spoiled little asshole who wants everything his way, it works, take it from me, I was treated the same way, and ill do the same to my kids. Only for major infractions, if the kid spills some juice by accident im not going to Falcon Punch him.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I can't wait till I have kids so I can beat them. I'll rule my household with an Iron Fist.
RULE BRITANNIA
They say everyone has something they feel strongly about.
This is mine.

I'm 100% for it
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Quote by dgme92
Parents who beat their kids must not have been beaten enough as kids to know it's wrong to beat your kids.

lolwut?
nice paradox
I was spanked and all that when i was younger and now im an over achieving student that has been suspended once throughout highschool. So yeah spank your kids !
Every kid needs a good beating once and a while, but not terribly hard and not terribly often. Do it too hard and too much, that's abuse.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I can't wait till I have kids so I can beat them. I'll rule my household with an Iron Fist.

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Indeed. I will make them call me "Mein Fuhrer" as well.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Wulphy
Every kid needs a good beating once and a while, but not terribly hard and not terribly often. Do it too hard and too much, that's abuse.

Agreed.
Quote by dgme92

coming from the guy with duke nukem with his avatar
A smack on the arse, very occasionally, yes, but a beating? No.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by IbanezSA160a
I was disciplined in a similar way, I am not a spoiled little asshole who wants everything his way, it works, take it from me, I was treated the same way, and ill do the same to my kids. Only for major infractions, if the kid spills some juice by accident im not going to Falcon Punch him.

just wait till your kids spill grape juice on you're carpet.
I learnt not to a be a twat from the feeling of a good whallop to the back of the thighs...
I've suffered a few spanks on the hands and arms, and I'm very okay with that.
It hasn't done me harm, however, it's a very thin line to draw, where it stops being okay.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Yeah I was hit as a child. I'll do same to my kids. It wasn't too hard or anything like that. I was only ever hit in the butt to. My dad would just say, you wanna whack? and i would know to not do it. I don't like to call it beating them though. I call it discipline.
No, there's a difference between a light smack on the bottom or the wrist and full-blown beating them up.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
i don't think thers nethin rong with a slap on the legs wen they step out of line - i was smacked and u dnt c me goin round smahin bus shelters.
There's a difference between punishing your kid and beating them. If your kid can't sit down (ie. what my parents did to me) then that's beating and illegal. If you spank them for doing something bad, then it's fair game.
Does anyone find the image of somelittle kid over there parents lap screaming while getting smacked on the bottom absolutely hilarious

*stops laughing*
Wait, i'm horrible.
It's wrong. And they grow up to have S&M fetishes.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I got smacked around a bit as a kid, and I certainly do not view violence as a solution to any of my problems.

I honestly think I am the better for it. Especially considering kids behavior nowadays.

I mean, like kids who hit their parents? The idea of laying a hand on either of my parents NEVER even entered my mind because I would have been ended. And that is that.
Children should be taught what a positive authority is and what a negative authority is, to question whether an authority figure is right or wrong, and to behave accordingly. Authority does not gain our respect via it's title, but by earning and deserving our trust as subordinates.
Quote by Seryaph
I got smacked around a bit as a kid, and I certainly do not view violence as a solution to any of my problems.

I honestly think I am the better for it. Especially considering kids behavior nowadays.

I mean, like kids who hit their parents? The idea of laying a hand on either of my parents NEVER even entered my mind because I would have been ended. And that is that.

Exactly how I was raised. People don't control their kids today.
Quote by 05t16
coming from the guy with duke nukem with his avatar

What does he have to do with beating kids? Aside from being an excessively abusive person, Duke Nukem ain't all bad.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Only Falcon Punch...

...once to every kid, and you don't have to hit them EVER again
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Last edited by BloodMoon666 at Oct 2, 2008,
You guys want an example. My friend was spanked as a child and as soon as his dad left and wasn't there to watch him he began smoking pot and stole over half of his moms paycheck every week. For no reason too. He would only use it to buy random things and give em away.
I'd send my kid mixed messages and beat him for a crime sometimes and other times support him as if he got an 'A' on a quiz for the same thing so he won't know what the hell to expect.