Well I have this Spider 3 15 watt, and I want to use a Multi FX Pedal. But there is no way around the default amp modeling. The amp does have a cd/mp3 1/8 input. So what if I connected my guitar>Pedal> Cd/Mp3 input using a 1/4 to 1/8 jack? Would that give a normal tone and be safe for my amp?
try it, tell us how it works, no harm could be done as far as i know

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
You can disable the effects on the spider. what you have to do is create a preset with each of the 3 effects controls off. save that preset, then turn the amp off. turn it back on again while holding down the D. it will read AUTO FX DISABLED, then it will go to the last preset you were on (which will be completely clean). The amp models will still be on, but no other modeling will be. You can do it that way, but it will still model slightly.

You can do it your way too, though. That line is completely unaffected by the Processor.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
just plug it in, it'll be fine. I used to have a Spider3, and used a multiFX with it. you don't even need to disable the effects if you don't want too.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
just plug it in, it'll be fine. I used to have a Spider3, and used a multiFX with it. you don't even need to disable the effects if you don't want too.

Yes, but if he wants good tone, Spider modeling + other modeling is not going to provide it. Well. okay tone.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.