Page 1 of 3
DEATH THRASH!

Fuck new wave, fuck the big four, and fuck any other posers to the throne. The King only had to release two monstrous riff filled album that sonically assaulted and slaughtered all other attempts at ferocious riff laden Thrash with the perfect subtle stench of Death Metal.

This is DEATH THRASH at it's finest. The legendary album Spectrum of Death was a turning point in underground Metal history and could not be revered enough. These guys could wright albums of nothing but riffs and it would absolutely destroy others full blown attempts.

In 1988, Death Thrash was mastered, Spectrum of Death was released, millions lost their hearing in the resulting face melting.

ASSASSIN!

Drive to this music at your own risk.

The last thread had two replies and was in no way crafted in a worthy way to Morbid Saint.
I am VG and I full heartily support this thread.

Support it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
greatest thrash band of all time
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
That was an amazing song. I'm definatly going to try to get my hands on the two albums by these guys.
Love this band, I made a thread about them about a week ago but it died really fast .
But anyway, yeah, Morbid Saint is probably my favorite thrash band of all time (Witches Hammer is a close second though).
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by Vermintide
Morbid Saint have always been a big fat "Meh" for me.

Your taste in thrash leaves much to be desired.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

Fact.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Oct 2, 2008,
That's easily some of the best and heaviest thrash I've ever heard.
1. Holocausto
2. Infernal Majesty
3. Witches Hammer
4. Mutilator
5. Morbid Saint

top 5 of all time
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
1. Holocausto
2. Infernal Majesty
3. Witches Hammer
4. Mutilator
5. Morbid Saint

top 5 of all time

Then I take it ordering Campo de Exterminio last week was a very good move?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
brilliant move
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

When it comes to Thrash, MHDrunk is good people.

Favorite Morbid Saint riff?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I love the Scars riff, as well as the obligatory Assassin one.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Checking this band out as I type, I'll get back to you with a verdict. Yup, personally I trust MHDrunk, and VG when it comes to metal.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Sorry for the double, but I'm too lazy to edit. ****ing great stuff, definitely driving music.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
When it comes to Thrash, MHDrunk is good people.

Favorite Morbid Saint riff?

its too hard to pick a fave riff by this band as they just bombard you with potential favourite riffs every second haha

i would have to say that my favourite song (this is probably not a common choice btw :p is the opener on Destruction System which itself is a really underrated, undernoticed and underappreciated album

Hell. Yes.

This band was so great, Spectrum Of Death is one of the most brutal thrash recordings ever

The best Morbid Saint song? For me it's Crying For Death, definitely, not many intros can make me want to headbang so much as that one... and the drum fills are awesome
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

So after finding out that Spectrum of Death goes for upwards of $300, I talked to Pat Lind, the vocalist, about prices.

Ends up he hasn't gotten royalties for the album in many years and told me not to buy it from anyone else but him.

His price is a much more reasonable $50. I would pretty much kill for a physical copy anyway.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

Your taste in men leaves a lot to be desired

Wait, wut?
I enjoy Spectrum of Death. I thought that they were just a brutal thrash band, didn't know they were considered "deathrash."
"Deathrash" is just a phrase of admiration I use for bands that fall under the category of Thrash Metal with Death Metal influences.

Sarcofago coined the name and a lot of Brazillian Thrash bands ran with it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Awesome, etc.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Yeah right, everyone know re-issues suck dick.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
"Deathrash" is just a phrase of admiration I use for bands that fall under the category of Thrash Metal with Death Metal influences.

Sarcofago coined the name and a lot of Brazillian Thrash bands ran with it.

Was there enough of an established death metal scene in '88 to take influence from? I know the term deathrash but I always assumed the likes of Demolition Hammer or Morbid Saint were just considered brutal thrash. I'm not being critical or asinine, just curious.
There was enough of a death metal scene in 88 and probably some of the stuff labelled as DM isn't much more than brutal thrash

Plus Spectrum of Death is getting rereleased I'll try and dig up some info on that

Wasn't the band Morbid (with "Dead", vocalist from Mayhem at one point) also considered "Death/Thrash", yet not Black metal?
black metal back then was pretty much evil thrash... and i cant see why Morbid wouldnt have been considered black metal

So, it appears I'm going to have to check this out then .

(The moniker caught my attention, because one of the best Metal Bands in my State is described as "Deathrash", and even though legions of other Thrash Metal and similar "new-wave" Aussie Bands have been cropping up - they all seem to lack balls / direction.)

So I think that's good reason to see what the apparent lords of the said moniker are all about
are you talkin about martire mb

man morbid saint is fuckin killeeeeeeeeeeeer!

I'm not, actually, haha, I was talking about Imminent Psychosis, SA Band, but I've heard of Martire.
Page 1 of 3