My birthday's coming up and I have the option of getting an amp. Can you guys tell which amps I could get for about 200-300?
I play alternative/hard rock. A versitile amp would be good.
I use an ibanez guitar if that helps. thanks a lot! [x]
MY SIGNATURE IS RIGHT HERE!
Oh and I forgot to add: I have a boss gt-8 and have been playing for 3 years (before i played on a little amp, through head phones, or through a P.A.) [x]
Last edited by hi_it's_me! at Oct 2, 2008,
200-300 what? Where is somewheresecret, near what major city? Markets vary worldwide.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
oh sorry 200-300 bucks as in dollars. I live in california Usa
Check your local craigslist. Vox ad30, Blues Jr, Classic 30, Crate VC3112, Palominos, Valveking all fall in that area. Edit: Epi Valve standard, Blackheart Handsome Devil.
New - Peavey Vypyr (have not tried, but it's getting rave reviews and is versatile), Roland Cube 30x or 60x, Crate V33-212 or V50.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 2, 2008,
You strum and you pick? NO way! /asshole

Gregs nailed it, that ought to give you plenty of amps to test.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by hi_it's_me!
When I play live i play mostly without mistakes.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. That's super helpful in amp recommendations (at that budget, at least). Pretty much eliminates the need for you to get the new spider with the "Instant-Awesome-Skillz" Button.
Or this:

(knew I could use that again, goolz)

I'd stay away from the Vypyr if you're going to use your GT-8. And Cubes. I second Crate V's and Epi Valve Junior & Standard, plus Blues Junior.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
True the GT8 isn't going to sound very good through the SS modeling amps. Not sure if it would be good on the Vox ad30 either. But the rest of the list would be fine.
Quote by gregs1020
True the GT8 isn't going to sound very good through the SS modeling amps. Not sure if it would be good on the Vox ad30 either. But the rest of the list would be fine.

i think there are a few guy's using pod and ect. with epiphone vj's and loving them if it's just for bedroom use?
haha i'm sorry. i thought that might sound dumb. The little rule thing said to say playing skills and stuff.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Hahahahahahahahahaha. That's super helpful in amp recommendations (at that budget, at least). Pretty much eliminates the need for you to get the new spider with the "Instant-Awesome-Skillz" Button.
Or this:

(knew I could use that again, goolz)

I'd stay away from the Vypyr if you're going to use your GT-8. And Cubes. I second Crate V's and Epi Valve Junior & Standard, plus Blues Junior.

Talent Booster. WUT?

OMG that was funny.

Can I have your permission to copy/paste/use that again?

TS - sorry not laughing at you. Gregs gave you a great list of stuff and don't double post. Just edit your first one.

Edit: ^Oh, that came from Goolz? Gooley can I pasty?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Talent Booster. WUT?

OMG that was funny.

Can I have your permission to copy/paste/use that again?

TS - sorry not laughing at you. Gregs gave you a great a list and don't double post. Just edit your first one.

hah. i copied it from imgooley. feel free.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by mmjohn
i think there are a few guy's using pod and ect. with epiphone vj's and loving them if it's just for bedroom use?

They are fine through a VJ at bedroom levels.
thanks for the suggestions guys. I will look into them. that was pretty funny! i laughed at myself.