i can sweep faster than my metronome will go, with me hitting a note at every click.
i want to remain playing with the met.
how do i go about doing this?
should i play 2 notes per click?
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
You should do 3 or 4 notes per click, depending on the sweeping pattern you are doing.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
You should do 3 or 4 notes per click, depending on the sweeping pattern you are doing.

im still learning though, i want to know what the next step is in the learning process
Quote by freddaahh
What patterns are you sweeping at the moment?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Quote by FischmungaXTR
What patterns are you sweeping at the moment?

im not sure the names. i know the basic 5 note pattern im doing. it starts 12 on the a string, and goes down a sting, 11, then 9,10,9-12-9, and back up. and also the 3 sting pattern from the bleeding mascara intro from atreyu. those are the two i am working with the most. also some variations of the first
Quote by freddaahh
I assume you mean an A major (2 octaves) shape? I usually play it in triplets like this:

or in 8ths or 16ths like this:

Heres a G minor I-III-II exercise I made:

*edit: those last 2 bars should be triplets too.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
im not sure the names. i know the basic 5 note pattern im doing. it starts 12 on the a string, and goes down a sting, 11, then 9,10,9-12-9, and back up. and also the 3 sting pattern from the bleeding mascara intro from atreyu. those are the two i am working with the most. also some variations of the first

Then far more important than playing them fast is learning what you're playing. How do you expect to use these things, trial and error? 12 on the A string is the note A, and for that shape, that's an A major arpeggio - played over an A major chord that'll fit perfectly, played over a Ab chord and it'll sound terrible.