Page 1 of 2
Gentleman

I hope the tea is to your liking.

The astral soundtrack today is from the sonically radical artwork commonly known as The Corpse of Rebirth performed by a few gents who like to refer to them selves as A Forest of Stars. A whimsically charismatic group of chaps (and chappete?) who's talent seems infinite when it comes to their unique almost psychedelic form of Metal.

With a soundscape ranging from droning Black Metal, trippy noise play, relaxing lounge, and haunting melodies, the boys from Northwest UK know their stuff.

Search for the song God.

Ask Broadsword how much he liked it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Amazing stuff, an incredibly unique take on BM and is atmospheric to the max. Any fan of odd music (yet not overly done ((that means check this band out, BMTC)), then you owe it yourself to get this.

God is indeed an awesome track. Oh, and they have violins, which is always a plus to me.
Listen to this man.

Please for the love of Shub Niggoruth listen to the entire album before passing judgment. This album covers such a wide spectrum of sound yet it actually has pin point direction.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Oct 2, 2008,
Excellent band.

Exactly what I need at the moment (i.o.w. ambient black metal to inspire my songs for the group).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I will definitely check them out. Unfortunately work has blocked youtube access so I'm going to have to wait until I get home.

Edit: Wow, that's pretty ****ing awesome. I just listened to Earth and Matter and I will definitely be looking for the album.
Thanks for the heads up guys
Last edited by 24fRETSoFfURY at Oct 3, 2008,
I started a thread about them a while ago and nobody replied (EDIT: except for you VampireGoldfish and Phil-Rock). They're pretty awesome, God is an amazing song and the rest of the album is just as good.
Last edited by Clownmite at Oct 3, 2008,
I try and make my threads unignorable.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Oct 3, 2008,
They sound really cool from the song you posted, I'll try to pick up an album when I get the chance, what album do you think I should get first?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Oh ok, thanks
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Female is one bad ass song.

It has an undeniably sophisticated sound. It makes me want to drink tea by a fire and discuss metaphysics with some classy gentleman.

Then psychedelically ravage worlds BM style.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Broadsword
Amazing stuff, an incredibly unique take on BM and is atmospheric to the max. Any fan of odd music (yet not overly done ((that means check this band out, BMTC)), then you owe it yourself to get this.

Yes. Yes it does.

*procedes to check out*
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Bumpity bump bump bum buuuump

New album's out chaps, haven't heard it myself but am obtaining it now.

Better than the first from what I've heard.
Last edited by Deplorable at Jun 16, 2010,
The first was pretty good, for a theme, it was amazing. But i'll check out the new album anyways, just for good measure, make sure i'm not missing out on anything.
'tis better than the first musically, greatly exceeded my expectations. Theme of this one is cool too, maybe not quite better than ACOR.

It's a loooong album though, so be prepared.
downloading at the SPEEEEEEED OFFFF LIIIGHHT
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I completely forgot that these guys had new material. Purchasing this stuff tonight.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Deplorable
'tis better than the first musically, greatly exceeded my expectations. Theme of this one is cool too, maybe not quite better than ACOR.

It's a loooong album though, so be prepared.

Ah, oh well, thanks for the heads up though. I can't wait to listen to this album.
Well, looks like i'm going to be occupied for at least a month. On my third listen of God already.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
3rd, 4th and last tracks on the new one are something special in my book. The album is also quite fancy like their first.

Is it being released as an LP? I couldn't find it anywhere online, I guess I'll just buy the CD.
Gooooooooooooooood

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

HHHYYYYYYYYEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
GOD
GOOOoooooooogdddddd AHHHHHHHHH

GOD

AHMNAYEAHERAH

Ga ga ga ga ga
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one

His vocal delivery there is so good.

Beginning of Chapter Three on the new album encapsulates the classiness that this band exudes so perfectly.
Listening to the new album right now, awesome so far, they've delivered yet again. I will definitely consider buying this album.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
This is wicked,im loving the vocals especially.It has a very hazy,almost carnival like sound to it but one thats totally illuminated in purple light and mad fog.I dunno this is really cool.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

The dragonland of black metal
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
I Thought I'd heard of A Forest of Stars Before. Just not the band.

Ive read the book.
http://assets3.simonandschuster.com.au/images/books/9780743430661.jpg?1241072768
Its a great read that goes over Seven books. Called the Saga of Seven Suns

Maybe it's where they got the name, seeing as though the book was released 2003 and the band formed 2007.

Not really my sort of music though, I just made the connection with a book I'd read.
Goddamn Electric
Fo real, man. I'm a real sucker for choir ahhs, so the last track had me squirming in my chair in ecstasy. Did you get an album specific shirt or a band shirt? I got the black one with the massive AFOS logo on the front and a white one with a small logo on the upper left breast and a small AFOS logo on the back.
Is the new one better than the corpse of rebirth? Cause I have to say, I thought it was a good album, but nothing special. So if the new one isn't as good, I wont bother, but if the general consensus is that its better, I may well give it a go.
Its better. I'd have to say Corpse had more amazing high points (God, Microcosm) but the new one is just solid all the way through. And its not lacking for high points of its own. I highly recommend it.
Quote by Pernell
Fo real, man. I'm a real sucker for choir ahhs, so the last track had me squirming in my chair in ecstasy. Did you get an album specific shirt or a band shirt? I got the black one with the massive AFOS logo on the front and a white one with a small logo on the upper left breast and a small AFOS logo on the back.

Yeah, I got a package deal so I got the OTOS shirt with the album.
morbid_death is a pansy
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I think these guys are absolutely the best band in the current UK black metal underground.
Which is saying something, considering the other great bands here at the moment.
Saw them playing with Altar of Plagues last year, and they absolutely blew them away. Incredible stuff.

I haven't got round to picking up the new one yet - I've listened to one or two tracks on YouTube and I have to say it hasn't struck me in the same way as the Corpse of Rebirth did. I'll probably get it sooner or later, but their first album just seems so...perfect. Like it couldn't possibly be bettered.
I heard The Corpse of Rebirth around when it came out, and it didn't really click. I checked out Opportunistic Thieves of Spring and it owned me. Now I love both albums.

Awesome band.
Page 1 of 2