O.K. so I've been eyeing a MIA strat for awhile. I figure I would want something made around 98-08, relativly recently made. I figure it's gonna be a HUGE jump up in qaulity from the MIM. However, my guitar instructor keeps insisting that it's gonna be crap, as he belives almost every guitar built today is, yes even the top of the line $1000 + ones. His logic is that that the parts are built in China, shipped to America and assembled there so they can say "made in U.S.A.". Now he kinda got me scared a little there, but he MUST be full of complete crap. My question is is this true? I mean not just for Stats, but all MIA fender guitars and bass as well as other American made instruments? Please help me out is he just full of shit?
i couldn't tell you about that, because it's my personal opinion that all strats are pure crap, for many reasons, i know it's not the case with ibanez guitars, or schecter, they can be made over in other countries and be great, he's probably an older guy isn't he? because nearly everything is made in china, and that doesn't mean what it used to.
If your question is not regarding any of the items above:

For inquiries not related to any of the items above, you may reach the FMIC Consumer Relations Department by telephone, fax or e-mail at:

Telephone: (480) 596-7195
Fax: (480) 367-5262
E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com

they will answer any fender question in 24-48 hours

also, after taking apart mex and american strats, ^schecters and ibanez too,
i can say that the electronics in american strats is visibly better, they are put together better, the hardware is better.

mex strats can be made just about as good as MIA strats, because parts are all interchangeable but to blanket that they all crap is just stupid.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by jefffelker40
i couldn't tell you about that, because it's my personal opinion that all strats are pure crap, for many reasons, i know it's not the case with ibanez guitars, or schecter, they can be made over in other countries and be great, he's probably an older guy isn't he? because nearly everything is made in china, and that doesn't mean what it used to.

The most sucesessful and most copied guitar design ever, crap? HoKay....
I cant see the MIAs playing that much better than MIMs, however i can see them lasting a lot longer, and im pretty sure they come with better pups too, but thats about it.