Page 1 of 2
It doesn't look like a vast amount of care was taken while making it to be honest. That said, I'm not an expert on guitar necks but I wouldn't imagine it was worth $274.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
You got ripped off.....
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
tbh, i wouldn't pay $50 for that
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
SHODDY GUITAR NECK LOOKS SHODDY

even to someone who isnt an expert in any way, shape or form
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Not unless it's a fanned fret 8 string or maybe a Wizard neck but it would still have to be decently fretted and not broken up and chipped all the crap. I take it you have a floyd rose on your 7 string as well though eh? Beat the person that sold that piece of crap to you.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Crap neck is crap.
tbh, it looks alright but it's definitely not worth 274. You got ripped off.
From Jemsite:

"And most important: LEGACY ONE GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL LOVE THE BODIES, NECKS, and GUITARS YOU RECIEVE, OR YOU CAN SEND THEM BACK FOR REPLACEMENT OR FULL REFUND!"

Just send it back.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
From Jemsite:

"And most important: LEGACY ONE GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL LOVE THE BODIES, NECKS, and GUITARS YOU RECIEVE, OR YOU CAN SEND THEM BACK FOR REPLACEMENT OR FULL REFUND!"

Just send it back.

Maybe I would if the jackass would answer his phone... He's blown me off for 3 weeks.
Dude that sucks... good luck getting your money back.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
It looks like an ibanez neck that was only halfway through the production process.

it still needs the locking nut drilled in etc.
At the most i'd pay like $100 depending on the wood type. Needs to be sanded, refinished, have the locking nut drilled and installed, and is kinda beat up a bit as well.
If thats exactly the way you got it, post these pics right here...

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/legacy-one-guitars-official-thread-56048-102.html?&highlight=legacy+one

Seeing something like this makes me REAL happy I never followed through with a custom from LO.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
The headstock looks shit, but other than that, it looks OK, you could just redo the headstock...

but If you wanted you could send it back, your choice I guess..
Wow, that's bad. I don't know if the dimensions are good or not, but the finishing looks like some 7th grader made it in shop class. Is that really how you got it?
From the pics the neck looks like it needs to be refretted too. . . ie: 10th fret bar.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Get a refund and buy one from Warmoth. Worth it more than that.

Srsly. My Ibanez screamed when it saw that.
It was like, "WTF DID I COME FROM THAT?"
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I can't believe a company would sell that neck. I can see several flaws from your pics I could imagine what I could find wrong with it if I had it in hand. It looks like they just used a can of spray paint to paint the head stock and I can see someones thumb print in it aside from the crazing in the paint where it is reacting with something in or on the wood. The finish on the fret board and neck is horrible the frets look like they haven't been dressed/finished. Did you buy it as an unfinished or second? I would send it back demand your money back and buy something else.

I buy a lot of Ibanez necks on Ebay fairly cheap and usually with the tuners. IMHO Ibanez makes a great neck. Even the cheaper Ibanez necks I have seen are better than that. I would charge some one a couple hundred bucks to fix that neck if they brought it to me.

Do you have the link for that company? I would liek to read what kind of claims they make.
Quote by johnro6659
...Do you have the link for that company? I would liek to read what kind of claims they make.
http://www.theguitarboard.com/

我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
God, that is one horrid paint job on the headstock.

I'd send it back and get a neck from Warmoth instead.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Thanks for the link. I tried to Google Legacy but got too much crap. All they really show is just pics not much on info.

I got a kick out of this "We are starting to build a reputation for making INCREDIBLE NECKS." From the looks of this neck they make terrible necks.

None of the necks in the pics seem to be finished I would think for $225.00 they would at least give you a neck that was ready for paint. Dam, I did a better job than that when I first started building guitars when I was in JR High School.

Unless you have some experiance in fixing something like this, I am sorry but I would return it if I were you.

John
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Get a refund and buy one from Warmoth. Worth it more than that.

Srsly. My Ibanez screamed when it saw that.
It was like, "WTF DID I COME FROM THAT?"

it looks messy, sorry man, but again, I can't actually see it in real life so there is a lot I can't tell you but....if you like it.....keep it...if not
See if you can get a refund and try a warmoth.
It's bad enough they sent you such a horribley made neck but it's even worse that someone actually signed off on that POS. That just shows how little they care about their work and their company.
From Legacy (on Jemsite, regarding this neck):

"It's not worth addressing. It is what it is. Like I said, if it doesn't look right.... It's probably not."

From what I've read about legacy he can make some nice stuff, but he hasn't been in business that long and he can be a little sloppy.

This neck is pretty terrible, though.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Holy cow-cakes, that's awful.

Quote by T!AN
It's bad enough they sent you such a horribley made neck but it's even worse that someone actually signed off on that POS. That just shows how little they care about their work and their company.

This. I understand from posts in this thread and anywhere else that it's a small business, which for some people is an excuse for poor QC.
I think it's really bad though. Signing this neck for quality, shows just how much they care about it...
when i saw the pics, i honestly though it was a joke topic. Anyone can put a single coat of black spraypaint on something. I wouldnt even pay for something like that.
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, all these people going on about fingering chords....makes me want to meet her.

Check out my nintendocore band, Super Luigi 65!
www.myspace.com/superluigi65
I would beat the company owner over the head with that piece of shit. Looks like someone just snapped the neck off of a $80 guitar, and painted the headstock with tar. Good luck getting your money back, because that would be mandatory if I was in that predicament.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Ouch dude...I feel your pain. That hurts to look at. I really hope you get a full refund. What a crappy company...
it sure is ugly. i hope it plays well when installed.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
This is why CNC is not always a bad thing.

I hope this is a joke thread and the guy really didn't pay that much.
Page 1 of 2