Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this really annoying problem I have.

After playing my Valveking 212 for about an hour, I notice that the volume seems to go down. It's almost exactly an hour every time. The amp if fairly new and it has happened since I bought it. Maybe the tubes are bad? I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

I'm in love with my Valvekings (yes, my first tube amps). I have the 212 as well as a 100 head running into an XXL cab. I got the XXL cab REALLY cheap and it's not a terrible match to the head. I rely on my PODxt Live for all my effects so I run my VK's for the warm tube sound. I don't have the problem above on my head, just the combo.

As far as I can tell, the 212 combo and the 100 Head are the EXACT same thing - just different box.
---------------------------------------
Steve Verdino

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Peavey XXL 4x12 Cab
Line 6 PODxt Live (all upgrades)
ESP LTD Viper 500s
Martin 00CXEBlack
Would it make sense to pull the 6l6's out of the head and swap with the combo to see if that is the problem?
Steve Verdino

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey XXL 4x12 Cab
ESP LTD Viper 500s
Martin 00CXEBlack
I can understand buying one Valveking, but why two?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
One for home - One for band.
Steve Verdino

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey XXL 4x12 Cab
ESP LTD Viper 500s
Martin 00CXEBlack
I still can't conceive a way in which that displays logic, but whatever.
I rather spend extra cash to have a consistent sound than have to lug around that 212 twice a week to band rehearsal. Hey - You asked!
Steve Verdino

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey XXL 4x12 Cab
ESP LTD Viper 500s
Martin 00CXEBlack
a 412 cab and 100w head is still far from what I would describe as portable.
^I suppose it doesn't have to be if you've got one in every place you play.

EDIT:
Quote by Steve Verdino
Would it make sense to pull the 6l6's out of the head and swap with the combo to see if that is the problem?

Yes, that would be the ideal way to check. Especially if the valves are the same brand, but it doesn't matter too much if they're not.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Oct 2, 2008,
I'd actually say the VK100 is the most portable of the VKs (considering it weighs the least) but when you include the cab it just gets ridiculous. Unless you don't bring a cab to practice...

Also, isn't 100w a bit loud for home use? I can only use my VK112 with the vol. on 1 most of the time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I'd actually say the VK100 is the most portable of the VKs (considering it weighs the least) but when you include the cab it just gets ridiculous. Unless you don't bring a cab to practice...

Also, isn't 100w a bit loud for home use? I can only use my VK112 with the vol. on 1 most of the time.

really im play my 212 on 4....Huh what i can't hear you lol.

TS- if its still fairly new i would call the store and tell them that u want it replaced, or free tubes. Good luck
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1