Not really, but I was driving my parent's vehicle today instead of my normal car, and I was using my cellphone while doing so. When I went to park at my local coffee joint, there was a cop there. He approached me as I was still talking on my cell phone in the car, and so I got of the vehicle. He gave me some speech about cell phone usage while driving etc. Then he looked at my steering wheel, and asked me why am I not using my bluetooth capability that's built into the car. I just noticed now that there is a button on the steering wheel that has a face, and a speech bubble next to it. I don't understand how to use it though. Do I just connect my phone to the vehicle through the bluetooth, and press this button on the steering wheel and use voice dialing? Someone help me? I don't know if this helps, but the vehicle is a 2005 BMW 325i.
Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by Mudmen190

Pretend your steering wheel is that.

Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by Mudmen190

He better not, because if he tries to dial, he'll be all over the road.

If he dials 911 without a reason, he'll certainly have one when he gets through dialing!

Those dang hooligans are bad enough as it is.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
after mudmen190 posted his reply, there has been no need for this thread to continue
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Mudmen190

I gotta say, thats one of the best first posts I have ever seen.

Ok, so open up the book for your BMW and find out.
Quote by gab4554
then why are you posting on it?

because you touch yourself at night
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by gab4554
ur lucky... in Quebec (Canada) You'd get a fine. Since july i think its now allowed to drive while talking on the cellphone... so gay

personally, I think its a stupid law. I can talk on my cell phone and still drive (but if I'm on the highway I'd try not to). I think if someone can't look at a road and carry a conversation, they really have no multitasking skills. Its people who text and drive, you can't look at a phone and look at the road at the same time...those are the ones that scare me
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
as soon as i saw yo in the title i was face palming.

On a lighter note just mash the steering wheel until the bluetooth works.
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Quote by NutZz?
personally, I think its a stupid law. I can talk on my cell phone and still drive (but if I'm on the highway I'd try not to). I think if someone can't look at a road and carry a conversation, they really have no multitasking skills. Its people who text and drive, you can't look at a phone and look at the road at the same time...those are the ones that scare me

apart from the fact that you're driving one handed, you might be ok in normal optimal circumstances. But if someone slammed on in front of you, you'd be screwed. same for if you had to take any avoiding action, you wouldn't be able to control the car.

THAT is why they're banned, not because they make everyone who uses them veer off into the nearest ditch. If you really think that's why the legislation was brought in, you're an idiot.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by lolwutrgdxl
you got pulled over in daddys beamer? poor kid

seriously...... the TS is a ****ing queer..... like we're supposed to feel bad for this rich POS.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Quote by Lemoninfluence
apart from the fact that you're driving one handed, you might be ok in normal optimal circumstances. But if someone slammed on in front of you, you'd be screwed. same for if you had to take any avoiding action, you wouldn't be able to control the car.

THAT is why they're banned, not because they make everyone who uses them veer off into the nearest ditch. If you really think that's why the legislation was brought in, you're an idiot.

well I was taking into account the fact that you might have to do some "quick thinking" on the road, to avoid getting into an accident if something like that happens. I've had to do it before (not while on the cell phone) and I think I would be able to slam on the breaks while holding a cell in one hand. So no, this does not make me an idiot thank you. It's just my own opinion on the subject.

EDIT: wait, you're a Mod?

did I mention the fact that everything you say is right, and I'm a giant idiot?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
Quote by Rooskiy
seriously...... the TS is a ****ing queer..... like we're supposed to feel bad for this rich POS.

Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, but I detect a sense of jealousy in your post. All he wanted to do was get help on figuring out how to get his bluetooth to work. : ) Constructive post though bro.

Have you tried just going into your phone and turning on bluetooth? I don't understand it completely, but sometimes it will detect it by itself if it's on.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by NutZz?
well I was taking into account the fact that you might have to do some "quick thinking" on the road, to avoid getting into an accident if something like that happens. I've had to do it before (not while on the cell phone) and I think I would be able to slam on the breaks while holding a cell in one hand. So no, this does not make me an idiot thank you. It's just my own opinion on the subject.

and avoiding action? And everyone thinks they can avoid a crash.

by virtue of reaction time alone, you're going to stop later than the driver in front of you. add in the fact that your reaction time will be longer due to the phone and you have an increased chance of you running into the back of someone who slams on. with one hand on the wheel and having a conversation, can you a) brake b) analyse which direction to take avoiding action in c) take the avoiding action and d) do all this whilst still keeping the car under control?

and even if YOU can do that, not everyone can. and so it makes sense to ban them (or at least restrict their use).

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by gab4554
ur lucky... in Quebec (Canada) You'd get a fine. Since july i think its now allowed to drive while talking on the cellphone... so gay

Nearly everytime I see someone driving shitty they're talking on their cellphone.

Yeah really gay
Quote by NutZz?
you know how many people have died because they thought they could talk and drive at the same time? not to mention you are a horrible driver while talking. you cant argue that you would be a better driver if you had your full attention on driving instead of holding a phone to your head. if you have to talk so badly while driving, just put on an freakin earpiece..
Quote by Rooskiy

Actually, I am middle class. The vehicle was purchased 3 years used by my parents for themselves, NOT ME. It is probably around the same price as a new van, so don't think I am rich. For god sakes, I drive a 1993 Honda Civic. But I guess I am a rich POS.
Be cool.
Quote by ninja.kitty
you know how many people have died because they thought they could talk and drive at the same time? not to mention you are a horrible driver while talking. you cant argue that you would be a better driver if you had your full attention on driving instead of holding a phone to your head. if you have to talk so badly while driving, just put on an freakin earpiece..

I'm not saying everyone should do it, or that its a good thing to do, I'm just saying some people can multitask and some people can't. I've been driving for years, and I can handle holding a cell in one hand while driving. And yes, you are right, you would be a better driver if you focused all your attention to the road instead of talking while driving.

It's not something I do often, or like to do often, but if I'm pressed for time/getting directions, then I'll talk and drive. Some people can do it, some people can't. But I understand how on the whole its generally not a safe thing to do.
Quote by nebraskan
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
Quote by NutZz?
I'm not saying everyone should do it, or that its a good thing to do, I'm just saying some people can multitask and some people can't. I've been driving for years, and I can handle holding a cell in one hand while driving. And yes, you are right, you would be a better driver if you focused all your attention to the road instead of talking while driving.

It's not something I do often, or like to do often, but if I'm pressed for time/getting directions, then I'll talk and drive. Some people can do it, some people can't. But I understand how on the whole its generally not a safe thing to do.

which is why they made it a law, and its not a ridiculous law.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

this this this this this this this.
Quote by ninja.kitty
which is why they made it a law, and its not a ridiculous law.

uhh, I'm sorry I never once mentioned the word ridiculous?
Quote by nebraskan
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
Quote by NutZz?
uhh, I'm sorry I never once mentioned the word ridiculous?

fine then, it's not a stupid law.

Quote by element4433
Quote by thedude051
I was driving my parent's vehicle today instead of my normal car, and I was using my cellphone while doing so.

You are an ass for doing so, why should we help you?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Mudmen190

haha i can see it now
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by Lemoninfluence
fine then, it's not a stupid law.

I guess that was just the first thing that shot outta my mouth (or rather that I frantically typed out), I see how its not stupid. At least you can read my posts competently.

why did I decide to argue against a mod again?
Quote by nebraskan
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
Why is everyone ragging on TS for being a bit wealthy? It's not like he's got that "rich guy prick" attitude. He isn't whining; he isn't asking for sympathy. He just wants help with his bluetooth. Stop being such dicks.
Quote by thedude051
Actually, I am middle class. The vehicle was purchased 3 years used by my parents for themselves, NOT ME. It is probably around the same price as a new van, so don't think I am rich. For god sakes, I drive a 1993 Honda Civic. But I guess I am a rich POS.

LOL.... My post was a flipping joke son. I thought the pit had some form of sarcasm....
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
My drivers ed teacher pointed this out to me. The distracting part of talking on a cell phone and driving is not holding the phone, but the thought required for the conversation, so a hands-free system really won't help anything. I think there is a lot of truth to it.
Quote by roger24
one time, when no-one was looking, i pooped in the hole of a accustic guitar.
Quote by Rooskiy
LOL.... My post was a flipping joke son. I thought the pit had some form of sarcasm....

Yes, because it was clearly a joke. I didn't see any hints of a joke anywhere in your post...
Be cool.
Quote by Rooskiy
gotta say, it was pretty crap sarcasm.
Quote by Rooskiy

no you idiot, he wants help on how to activate the bluetooth in the car, he just introduced it with an anecdote.

I hate people like you, you think your so cool because you can talk tough over the internet, just kill yourself now and do the world a favor, dick

edit: just saw the posts above, you're still a dick, sarcasm doesn't work in text you have to use teh emoticon otherwise people think you're a dick

and you're still a dick btw
Last edited by THE LOBATOMIZER at Oct 2, 2008,
Not really, but I was driving my parent's vehicle today instead of my normal car, and I was using my cellphone while doing so. When I went to park at my local coffee joint, there was a cop there. He approached me as I was still talking on my cell phone in the car, and so I got off the vehicle. He gave me some speech about cell phone usage while driving etc. Then he looked at my steering wheel, and asked me why am I not using my bluetooth capability that's built into the car. I just noticed now that there is a button on the steering wheel that has a face, and a speech bubble next to it. I don't understand how to use it though. Do I just connect my phone to the vehicle through the bluetooth, and press this button on the steering wheel and use voice dialing? Someone help me? I don't know if this helps, but the vehicle is a 2005 BMW 325i.

fix'd