A couple days ago I decided to join the school's drum line. I have no idea at how to play drums let alone a snare, and I don't know how to read the music. You guys think I should drop out of it, or stay and try to get through? (I can pick up things pretty fast).

Btw, it hasnt started yet
Quote by metaldud536
I think you should stay so you can have cliched gangstar drum battles with minority groups. And then go out with some fine black girl.

Stay with it so you can learn something fun and useful?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by metaldud536
I think you should stay so you can have cliched gangstar drum battles with minority groups. And then go out with some fine black girl.

Metaldud, honestly how do you come up with this stuff?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by AStrangleHold

Is it not the plot to drum line?
lol?!?

no offense, but your not gonna make it. all the people on drum line are nerds who have been playing drums for years and years and have no lives. they stay after school every day to practice.

you don't need to actually go through with every random idea you think of when your high.....
Do NOT look behind you.
Quote by metaldud536

hahaha i second the motion

then it is agreed, you stay until the cliched showdown. and u hook up with some bootylicious half black woman
Quote by AStrangleHold

I simply pull out an individual hair from my scrotum, and for each one I put in the freezer, the Lord sends me messenger pidgeon carrying a worthy post that suites whatever thread I respond too.
Quote by c_man471
lol?!?

no offense, but your not gonna make it. all the people on drum line are nerds who have been playing drums for years and years and have no lives. they stay after school every day to practice.

you don't need to actually go through with every random idea you think of when your high.....

Quote by metaldud536
I simply pull out an individual hair from my scrotum, and for each one I put in the freezer, the Lord sends me messenger pidgeon carrying a worthy post that suites whatever thread I respond too.

Once again, you've made me lol
Quote by The Leader
Stay with it so you can learn something fun and useful?

Yes unlike math and English.
Psh, Join the Marching Band. It's where its at.

You part of the Drum Corps, the Marching Band percussion, or just a plain drum line?
██████████████████████████████
i would try to stick with it but it is going to be very difficult cause they have been doing it since elementary school. well i assume that casue that is how my school was
Quote by Ralbert07
Psh, Join the Marching Band. It's where its at.

You part of the Drum Corps, the Marching Band percussion, or just a plain drum line?

No clue, probably just plain drum line
Quote by ViperScale
Yes unlike math and English.

Yeah, who needs English?
You know, it just helps us communicate to all others, thus advancing Earth..
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by fLYinGV23
No clue, probably just plain drum line

mkay.

I only play the Sax, so I have no clue about percussion.
Quote by Ralbert07
mkay.

I only play the Sax, so I have no clue about percussion.

Same (minus playing the sax)

The only experience I've had playing drums was when i was at a friends house and was messing around for two hours on his 5 piece. I actually did start to get good....
After thinking it through, just quit. If you really want to do this, get lessons.

I'm sorry to say.
Quote by c_man471
lol?!?

What? I know alot of people on my school's drum line and none of them are "nerds". And atleast they're doing something rather than sitting on their ass calling people nerds knowing that they are protected by their computer monitor.
We need a whole forum dedicated to drums. Why not? We have em for guitar and bass. Hell, throw vocals in too.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410