My damn squier bullet's high E is horrible, on the twelfth fret its somewhere between E and Eb. I know how to do it, its not a question of that, but even fully adjusted it just won't get to proper pitch, I've made adjustments before and gotten it right. Should I just chalk it up to being a cheap guitar?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
A cheap guitar might be the problem, but keep in mind that the guitar is not a tempered instrument. Without the proper modifications (true temperament frets, or compensated nut), the guitar cannot have perfect intonation.

A cheap (or old) guitar could have fret height issues, nut problems, and/or old strings. A professional setup/fret dressing can get very close, but its never going to be perfect.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
its cheap and about 5 years old
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
Quote by slaptasticdave
its cheap and about 5 years old

If you have taken proper care of it, most of the hardware should be fine. Although on that particular guitar I would consider replacing the nut or saddles, but you might just want to invest in a new guitar at that point.

Either way, I would have a pro look at it.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by USAPeavey
If you have taken proper care of it, most of the hardware should be fine. Although on that particular guitar I would consider replacing the nut or saddles, but you might just want to invest in a new guitar at that point.

Either way, I would have a pro look at it.

I don't really care enough to have a pro look at it. Its not my main guitar, nor is guitar even my main instrument. I might replace the bridge at some point tho.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
One question that should always be asked in a case like this: How old are the strings? It's useless to try and set up any guitar with old strings. Only if that point is taken care of, all the above applies.
As said, these Squires are no great wonders of temperation. For sure you'll find you have to strike a compromise somewhere and find a set up that minimises the number of false notes as much as possible, or has most of the false notes in places where they matter least.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
One question that should always be asked in a case like this: How old are the strings? It's useless to try and set up any guitar with old strings. Only if that point is taken care of, all the above applies.
As said, these Squires are no great wonders of temperation. For sure you'll find you have to strike a compromise somewhere and find a set up that minimises the number of false notes as much as possible, or has most of the false notes in places where they matter least.

Strings were last replaced in may or june, I don't replace them very often because like I said bass is where my money goes.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by Karvid
That's understandable. Neither can I afford to replace strings as often as I would like to. Yet when doing set ups it is vital to know whether you are measuring string geometry or merely a dead string. Without reliable data a set up all too easily becomes a mess up, so the best option now seems to be leaving it alone till the next string renewal.