Hi all, new here but hoping to become a regular.

I am in need of some assistance in helping to find parts for my guitar or maybe some advice. I have a GBME SG, the 'Spirit'. So far I have been unable to find the right size pieces to replace the bridge, and was wondering if any of you might know where to find replacement parts for these guitars?

Now I noticed a trend of everybody avoiding these guitars like the plague, but I haven't had any problems at all with mine, and to me the actions feels better than a friend's epiphone les paul jr, and I've had it for a while so I really don't want to part with it for anything else.

With this in mind also, I've been wanting to put more actual Gibson parts in it to make it more 'authentic', but the measurements aren't the same as the parts I ordered. So I'm hoping to also find some advice about how to go about replacing and installing the other parts, without totally destroying the guitar.

So, hopefully, someone or everyone can help me out, and I appreciate anyone taking the time to read or reply.

To get some ideas, some of the things I would like to install are:

Tune-O-Matic Bridge

Better humbuckers (I'm sure the size is the same, but can't be too careful)

New toggle switch (not sure if actual Gibson one would fit, or how to install one)

Tuning keys (the ones I have feel loose, although I never took notice to them before aside from one going flat occasionally)

Maybe new volume knobs, but those are haven't given me problems yet.
Last edited by AzzPirate Britt at Oct 2, 2008,
well, check out Stewmac, they've got a sweeet selection of about anything, and it's a decent price as well.

that, or guitarfetish, but i've heard +/- things about them.

start with stewmac, and see if they have everything you need. don't get the pickups from there, though, check local stores first.
------

Shwiggity.
Thanks for those sites!

Looking through some of the parts though, the hardware that came on the GBME guitar is weird, like not the size of anything I can find. I'll try and get some pics if I can, but the screws for the bridge are bigger than the small ones, and the screws for the tailpiece are small than the Gibson ones.

This is probably going to turn into a project, heh
warmoth also
You can fill in the old holes and then drill new ones for the new tailpiece etc...
Good luck anyways
Quote by AzzPirate Britt
To get some ideas, some of the things I would like to install are:

Tune-O-Matic Bridge

Better humbuckers (I'm sure the size is the same, but can't be too careful)

New toggle switch (not sure if actual Gibson one would fit, or how to install one)

Tuning keys (the ones I have feel loose, although I never took notice to them before aside from one going flat occasionally)

Maybe new volume knobs, but those are haven't given me problems yet.
the bridge should be just drop-in. i'd be very surprised if the post spacing on the one you have is different from a tone-pro.

same with the mounting and dimensions of the HBs

toggle switch - good call. the switch in a cheap copy will almost certainly be the first thing to give you grief. open the rear cover on the control cavity to see if the switch is straight or right-angle. then buy a replacement made by Switchcraft or other reputable manufacturer. the only consideration here is the clearance behind the mounting. measure the space you have available and compare that with the dimensions of the new switch. the hole diameter for the bushing will almost certainly be standard. You WILL need to solder the connections.

Tuners you may need to enlarge the holes and/or add additional holes for the small screws that prevent rotation. this will not be difficult.

Straight

Right angle
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.