I have just been given £400 to do with what I wish. I'm really surprised out of my mind, but a few members of my family banded together for my 18th and are giving me the money to spend on what I want. TBH, I don't have GAS for anything in particular atm, maybe you can remedy!

Gear I already have:

Orange Rocker 30
Peavey VK112
Jackson DK2M
Jackson JS30DK
Crybaby Wah
JD Volume
Sagrado Picoso Boost
EHX Soul Compressor

The gauntlet's down UG, Impress me with your gear knowledge!
I've modded the VK to hell already. Plus, it's only my band practise amp (they live far away), so I don't want to invest too much in it.

Delay's a nice idea, but I'm not sure how nice they sound in front of the amp - my Rocker doesn't have an FX loop. :/
FX Blender
Recording Gear?
A shitload of FX pedals?
Quote by metal4all
Just, no. Locrian should be treated like that gay cousin. Just avoid him cuz he's weird, unstable, and is attracted to the wrong thing.

Quote by steven seagull
Big deal, I bought a hamster once and they put that in a box...doesn't make it a scale.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I've modded the VK to hell already. Plus, it's only my band practise amp (they live far away), so I don't want to invest too much in it.

Delay's a nice idea, but I'm not sure how nice they sound in front of the amp - my Rocker doesn't have an FX loop. :/

Forgot about that. Save it.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
A bass.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
upgrade to a 5150 combo. I dunno if 400 pounds is enough. with the crappy dollar it is here.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by theoreticmusic
Forgot about that. Save it.

Sensible suggestion. Still, it's for my birthday, I think they'd rather see me spend it on something. I was thinking maybe another head to compliment the Rocker, something more high gain. I can find some more money if needs be I suppose, I've been saving for a gap year which isn't going to happen now.

EDIT: Wow, read my mind. I'm more of an American Hi Gain man though.

EDIT2:

Quote by lolwutrgdxl
education perhaps? lessons?

Missed you In what? I already own at guitar (kidding).
Quote by lolwutrgdxl

oooouch! that wasn't a personal attack on his ability was it?

just kidding. it is good advice for anyone.

maybe a multi-effects pedal. I don't recommend them very often but they can be fun toys to have. My RP250 has editing software, USB, tuner, true bypass, wah pedal.

$150US

it actually sounds pretty good in effects loop but i haven't tamed it yet.
Lessons, eq pedal, holy grail, what do you think your tone is lacking?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Put it a bank.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Maybe a new guitar? From my experience with the JS series they suck, maybe you can get some money by selling the JS and get something else. And a 5150 IS american hi gain.
I managed to pick up my 6505+ head for £699 brand new (they retail at about £900+ here) so it might be worth adding some money and getting one. All the gain you'll ever need
ohai little sig.
Quote by lolwutrgdxl

I actually have classes that start in the spring. theory and guitar technique.
Can't wait. Not a bad idea at all.
Quote by Chaosinborn
Maybe a new guitar? From my experience with the JS series they suck, maybe you can get some money by selling the JS and get something else. And a 5150 IS american hi gain.

What I mean is I like the dark scooped Hi Gain. Not the Edgy, Trebly 5150 variety.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
What I mean is I like the dark scooped Hi Gain. Not the Edgy, Trebly 5150 variety.

you clearly haven't played around enough with a 5150. I hate screechy treble too. Im all about low end and a pinch of mids and hi's. 5150 is all about dynamics. if you play heavy, and like what I call the "in between notes" , nothing beats a 5150, not even my mesa's or the splawn I had. Trust me
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
How about some home studio recording equipment? Do you have a decent PC?

Trust me, when I started recording with my computer, it opened up a whole new world of musicianship. A whole new world to GAS over!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by clsscrckr91
Put it a bank.

i dont know how it is over there, but over here putting in a savings account causes you to lose money. lets say i put $400 in my bank, and lets say the give me a high interest rate, (higher than it is in real life) 1%. however, inflation occurs at about 4.1%, so your money loses buying power more and more for as long as its in the bank.
so either find a high interest investment or spend it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by sabbathu
How about some home studio recording equipment? Do you have a decent PC?

Trust me, when I started recording with my computer, it opened up a whole new world of musicianship. A whole new world to GAS over!

In short, I do. And to the guy above me, very comprehensive knowledge of the world economy. I saulte you

I was thinking of coughing up the extra cash for an ENGL thunder. Worth it?
Get an Orange.
Lol, a robot guitar!
or like a nice as boutique custom amp, aaaww that'd be sweet.
Ha.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
I'll say again...

Buy a bass, mate, it doesn't have to consume all your money - I bought a Squier P-bass and it was the best £100 I ever spent, no joke.

For band I mostly borrow my guitarist's Fender Jazz (in return for the use of my Tele), but I still find that my cheapo Squier does the business, fuckin' love it.

Think of it this way, you get a whole new instrument kicking about, and you'll have enough left over to get a few decent FX pedals. Well worth it.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by Saturated Fat
Get an Orange.
Lol, a robot guitar!
or like a nice as boutique custom amp, aaaww that'd be sweet.
Ha.

uhhh. he's got an Orange. robot guitars are wasteful. and his budget is not enough for a boutique amp.

neeeeexxxxxt....

Don't judge me.
Save up 200 quid and get a Matamp.

Or: grab some of those Vox Cooltron pedals.
get a shure sm57, and a presonus inspire, and if you still have money, a nice condenser mic
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i'd save it unless you can think of something you really want, buying something just because you have the money burning a hole in your pocket is normally a bad idea...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think you need new handwound pickups

Actually I agree with Dave. If you have something in mind that you want then great, but getting stuff just to get stuff is a bad idea. I've got boxes of old pedals that I never touch that I bought in my younger years just because I could. Now I wish I would have saved the money and gotten things I actually wanted.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd save it unless you can think of something you really want, buying something just because you have the money burning a hole in your pocket is normally a bad idea...

Yes. Although I bought an Orange Tiny Terror just because I had money and wanted one, that's an exception to a general rule. I regret most of my purchases made in this manner, as they just go to waste.

Don't judge me.