So I recently used a Peavey Valveking head through my Marshall MG cab and it sounded like crap. I bought a JCM 800 2204 from mid-late 80's and run it through the MG cab with a new DOD 250 OD/PreAmp. It sounds pretty good, but then I go and play through a practice amp(Fender Frontman 15) and I think the Fender sounds better, at least with solos/single notes, the chords suck though. Anyway, I was wondering why the Fender sounds higher gain and screams on solos better. Maybe it's my rig, could someone help. Or maybe I'm just messed up and have a terrible ear for tone. Don't get me wrong, the JCM 800 is 1000x better on tone for rhythm, but like I said, the solos just don't SCREAM! Please help, or at least tell me I'm all jacked up in the head!
you need a new cab buddy. I can make my valveking scream. For lo-dough, IMHO its the best amp deal going. That JCM should rip. The MG cab is the obvious weak link.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Im thinking its the cab. Or your guitar, depending on what you have. Try EQing it a bit more, so it actually would sound decent.
Quote by jstnthrguitguy
So I recently used a Peavey Valveking head through my Marshall MG cab and it sounded like crap. I bought a JCM 800 2204 from mid-late 80's and run it through the MG cab with a new DOD 250 OD/PreAmp. It sounds pretty good, but then I go and play through a practice amp(Fender Frontman 15) and I think the Fender sounds better, at least with solos/single notes, the chords suck though. Anyway, I was wondering why the Fender sounds higher gain and screams on solos better. Maybe it's my rig, could someone help. Or maybe I'm just messed up and have a terrible ear for tone. Don't get me wrong, the JCM 800 is 1000x better on tone for rhythm, but like I said, the solos just don't SCREAM! Please help, or at least tell me I'm all jacked up in the head!

youjackedupinnahead.
for real, though. replace that piece of shit MG cab.
mess around with settings on your JCM. or the VK.
you may want a solo boost, so look at good ODs or a clean boost (I like the EHX Nano LPB-1, it starts adding gain at about halfway up.)
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
youjackedupinnahead.
for real, though. replace that piece of shit MG cab.
mess around with settings on your JCM. or the VK.
you may want a solo boost, so look at good ODs or a clean boost (I like the EHX Nano LPB-1, it starts adding gain at about halfway up.)

I agree..... BTW theoreticmusic, im gonna add crap to all my gear just to prove you wrong!
JK that's hilarious
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
I agree..... BTW theoreticmusic, im gonna add crap to all my gear just to prove you wrong!
JK that's hilarious

haha. I said most people. generally, 15 year olds that are duly impressed with their line 6s and warlocks for t3h m3t@l.

Don't judge me.
teh broooooootalzzzzz.!@#@!!@#!!##!?":{_()&#$@..............UGH, enough already.
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
wait a sec....your in nashville and you hate country music? Are you a democrat too?? If so Im adding you as a friend.
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
wait a sec....your in nashville and you hate country music? Are you a democrat too?? If so Im adding you as a friend.

libertarian ftw.

Don't judge me.