Constructive criticism is allowed, I know I'm not the best, and this is only a simple riffing video, but I want to know what you guys think. Immature flames will just be deleted, and laughed at. Once again, I know I'm not the best, but I'd appreciate your thoughts and how I can get better, improve, etc.

Thanks. Feel free to comment. I'll put up a poll later maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEFwYzsbfnQ

Kudos to people who know which songs I'm playing
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
usually I really, really, REALLY hate these videos, but I can't dislike anyone that opens with Tenacious D.

EDIT: watched the whole thing. recognized some dream theater and A7X (or however its written, I'm not the biggest fan of them anyways)

good riffin' man!
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Last edited by NutZz? at Oct 2, 2008,
the metal
sleepwalker?

nice riffage anyway

keep it up
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
wrong thread, but your good ****ING AWESOME GUITAR
even if you where bad i would say you where good just becuase you have a picture of dime on your guitar
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Tom_hatton, I love Dimebag...how can you not like him? Whatever, everyone to his/her opinion...

thanks for comments, feel free to comment on YouTube as well.
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
1:10... I have a complete brain freeze... what song is that? AHH... it's at the tip of my brain. It's driving me crazy. Anybody?

EDIT: Disregard that, it's Constant Motion
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Oct 2, 2008,
Quote by Assface137
Tom_hatton, I love Dimebag...how can you not like him? Whatever, everyone to his/her opinion...

thanks for comments, feel free to comment on YouTube as well.

I think his tone was terrible, the fanboys annoy me, Dean cash in on his death, he's extremely overrated, his playing bores me.

For example, I saw a video the other day titled "Dimebag vs Buckethead" and everyone was like 'OMG Dim3 r better cuz Bucketh3ad hav no emotionz!! RIP DIME LOL!!1!!1".

What the fuck? Buckethead is blatantly better.
Whoever said the Metal first was right. here's the e-cookie*throws it*

whatev hatton. i personally loved him, but everyone to himself or herself.

Here's some hints:

2nd song: Dream Theater
3rd song: Dream Theater
4th song: Metallica
5th song: Metallica
6th song: A7X
7th song: Anthrax

EDIT: though yes hatton, dime fanboys annoy me, but i'll still love him. he's one of my idols.
Quote by nintendocly
Quote by Karvid
1:10... I have a complete brain freeze... what song is that? AHH... it's at the tip of my brain. It's driving me crazy. Anybody?

Constant motion by Dream theater.

Nice video man, takes a lot to stick a video on youtube. Too many jealous types floating around.
And just so you know guys, I'm a LOT better than just a riff player(not to sound arrogant, lol), so writing "learn2playsomesolosnub" is gonna have no effect on me.

I just wanted to do something simple.
Quote by nintendocly
Quote by Tom_hatton
I think his tone was terrible, the fanboys annoy me, Dean cash in on his death, he's extremely overrated, his playing bores me.

For example, I saw a video the other day titled "Dimebag vs Buckethead" and everyone was like 'OMG Dim3 r better cuz Bucketh3ad hav no emotionz!! RIP DIME LOL!!1!!1".

What the fuck? Buckethead is blatantly better.

wait, what? how does that effect the guitar player exactly? dime didn't ask for some guitar company to exploit him after his death. its not his fault some of his fans are...a bit much at times. but I can see how these things would make him look overrated. Personally, I prefer his guitar work to that of zakk wylde or kirk hammet, but thats just me

and how is buckethead "blatantly" better? its all just opinion man.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
buckethead is a fantastic no doubt. but every guitarist has his own playing style.

Like it or not "Dimefag" was one of the biggest influences in heavy metal. It's one thing to actually dislike him, but you have to respect what he did for the metal community.

I thought there'd be more "UG FTW" comments! Don't be shy! =)
Quote by nintendocly
13 posts and still no (real) flaming about you beeing in the wrong forum ?
pit always amazes me .. but actually you should take this somewhere else

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Constructive criticism: learning random riffs won't impress guitarfolk 1/10th as much as learning a full song. Difficulty of riffs does not matter. The idea of posting a youtube video with random riffs just doesn't make sense to me.
Not bad, but a bit sloppy on a lot of those, your overall technique is a bit slow and sloppy, use your finger tips more and no the fleshy sides.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Alright, thanks guys. You can post these comments in the YouTube vid.

And yes, I am a little sloppy, I tend to rush a little. I own a metronome, but almost never use it. I'll probably start soon.

And as for the "randomness" criticism, I know it IS very random, but I ust wanted to play some of my favorite riffs. Whole songs are better yes, but it's just a small medley.

And I'm guessing I should go to the "Electric Guitar" forum, right?
Quote by nintendocly
Quote by Tom_hatton
Buckethead is blatantly better.

Thats cuz Dimebag is dead.

MC name = Bearrorism
Your technique with your fretting hand needs to be worked on. It looked like you were playing really forcefully through that and your pinky and middle finger tending to stray away from the fretboard a lot.

Other than that pretty cool.
Sorry, but it took me 2 seconds to realize that the distortion you used was too horrible to listen to.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by Salute to Jaco
Sorry, but it took me 2 seconds to realize that the distortion you used was too horrible to listen to.

:O what was wrong with it?
Quote by Guitarfreak777
:O what was wrong with it?

Not enough crushing overdrive
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Salute to Jaco

ah cumon man, its something he recorded in his freakin' room. I'm sure if he had gone downstairs to the studio, and fetched his marshal stack, it would be top notch for you
Quote by nebraskan
Quote by metaldud536
Quote by Våd Hamster

^sex?
haha thanks nutz
Quote by nintendocly
Quote by Tom_hatton
Apart from having Dimefag on your guitar, it was good.

Guitar polish gets that stuff right off.
Why a "meh"? Please tell me how I may improve.
Quote by nintendocly
Quote by Assface137
Why a "meh"? Please tell me how I may improve.

i dunno, i guess just as you get more expierence you, get better, im living proof of that, i was decent b4 the summer, spent all summer playing guitar, i was a riffer, couldn't solo much, aftger that summer, and a week @ berklee (strudying under JOE STUMP btw) i leveled up like 30 times and evolved into a riff maachine and a shredder, i would show you, but i lack a computer camera thingy but, my band should have a song up soon, ill pm u the adress when its up.

the best thing you can do is just imporvise and make up your own rifffs, that will definatly help you, and learn really challenging song, necrophagist, nile, etc. you don't have to like them, but whatg they will do for your technicality and speed is unrivaled, bar studying under Stump or Yngwie etc.
Last edited by THE LOBATOMIZER at Oct 2, 2008,
the a7x song was bat country can ave an e-cookie now?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
sure

*hands cookie*
Quote by nintendocly